Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to install 1012 patch
Kerbob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2007 01:49 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I have a smaller SSD as my C: drive and a big D: drive for my applications. On my Win7 x64 system, I installed PowerDirector 10 to D:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink.

When I downloaded the 1012 patch and ran it, it extracted itself and then gave me the following message:

"Unable to install the patch. Your system must have version 10.0 of PowerDirector installed. The installation will abort."

I'm guessing it is looking for an installation on C: and bombing out because it doesn't see it there. Is there a fix to this?
[Thumb - unabletoinstallpatch.png]
 Filename
unabletoinstallpatch.png
[Disk]
 Description
Unable to install the patch.
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
194 time(s)
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Good to search the forum for threads with errors the same as you experience it cuts down on needless threads

And you learn more as you go

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19667.page

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19659.page

David

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 29. 2011 21:50

Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
Kerbob [Avatar]
[Post New]
I saw those threads and read them before I started a new one. I don't think its the same issue. In my case, I did not install PD in the default directory. It could be that an uninstall and re-install to my current non-default directory will resolve the problem, but that doesn't seem likely to me.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kerbob,

Are you working with the "full" version or are you using the trial version?
I tried to apply the patch to the trial version and got this - or a similar - message (don't remember the exact words).
Even purchasing and entering the license code to the (now former) trial version did not help.
Only the D/L and (re)-installation of the "full version" plus content packs helped.

Michael.
Kerbob [Avatar]
[Post New]
I purchased and used the "Full Upgrade from 9 to 10" version. If I uninstall PD 10, will I have to reinstall PD 9 to use the version I bought before I install the upgrade?
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
No.
It will ask for your license code of v9 during installation.
No need to keep PD9 for installing PD10 upgrade.
But I'd suggest to use the PD-clearing tools, where Dafydd gave us d/l links here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15688.page - just to remove traces of former installations from registry.
Michael.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 02. 2011 18:39

Kerbob [Avatar]
[Post New]
A clean install allowed me to install the patch.