Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What is RichVideo?
[Post New]
After using the PD10 trial version for a few day I went ahead and bought it. The install was flawless and I began a project with it yestrerday. I worked on that project this AM with no issues at all.

I just now tried to start PD 10 and a message box pops up that sayd "RichVideo is not installed on your system. Click OK to install it or cancel to quit cyberlink PD." and it won'tlet me into PD at all unless I install it.

What is it and what's it used for? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2011 19:00

twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=1919

This might help. Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
[Post New]
Thanks for the link. That explains it!
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
--But I thought this "rich video" feature was part of the PD installation. ?

RB
[Post New]
Well I clicked OK to install it and PD opened up shortly afterward. Now each time I want to run PD I get the same error message that RichVideo is not installed on my system even though it supposedly was.

Something isn't quite right here.

rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm, that doesn't sound right. I'm on PD9, but Rich Video was definitely part of the installation. It's in a folder in PD's Program File folder. I don't know why you would have to install it separately.

RB
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
It's a Service that may have been turned off or never turned on properly. You need administrator rights.

Go into the Control Panel, Administrator Options, then Services. See if RichVideo is listed but turned off. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
[Post New]
Thanks for all the suggestions and help thus far.

There is a folder in Cyberlink called shared files. In that folder is the richvideo install and uninstall files. If I click on the install (as admin) nothing happens. Same for uninstall.

There is no service or app running called richvideo or anything from cyberlink when using msconfig to check startup services.

Rich video does work after I click OK to install it when launching PD 10 as I get the preview window when importing videos. But PD seems to stop running it after I quit PD because the next time I try to enter PD the error comes up again.

Aside from a fresh install, I'm stumped.

Kerbob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2007 01:49 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I couldn't install a PD10 patch after upgrading from PD9 to PD10. I uninstalled PD10 then reinstalled it and was then able to install my patch. But now, I get the dreaded RichVideo error on each startup. I checked services and "Cyberlink RichVideo64 Service(CRVS)" is not started.. so I tried to start it and it gives the error "Windows could not start the Cyberlink RichVideo64 Service(CRVS) service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."

Arghh! So.. I guess the recommendation is to do another uninstall, system cleansing, then re-install? What a PAIN. Every upgrade with Cyberlink is a real pain. Still, their video editor is better than others so I cope.
Kerbob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2007 01:49 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
A second uninstall and reinstall fixed it. This time I rebooted on each step:
- uninstall PD
- reboot
- install PD and register it
- reboot
- install patch
- reboot
- pain in the arse
- reboot
but it fixed it.
[Post New]
It seems as though the latest patch has fixed the "launch rich video" error on startup for me. Many others had this issue. Can anyone else confirm the error on startup is gone post patch?
ganesha86 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 16, 2012 00:54 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I know, RichVideo is installed with PowerDirector (& some other CyberLink products). It is stored in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
[Post New]
You are correct but many of us would get an error launching PD10 that rich video was not installed when in reality it was. The latest patch has fixed that, at least on my end.

AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It's a Service that may have been turned off or never turned on properly. You need administrator rights.

Go into the Control Panel, Administrator Options, then Services. See if RichVideo is listed but turned off.

I know it's AGES since this solution was posted, but I just wanted to chime in to say "THANK-YOU!!!" to Xerox. For some reason, after 2 years, my PD9 program started telling me upon launch today that "Rich Video is Not Installed...Click OK to Install It". I'd click OK and PD9 would launch, but it didn't seem like anything had been installed. Probably just poor wording by the PD programmers.

Anyway, I immediately came to the forum, conducted a search on Rich Video and came across this thread. I did what XEROX suggested and found that the Services entry entitled "Cyberlink Rich Video" was DISABLED! I set it to Automatic(delayed start) and now PD9 starts flawlessly once again. I don't know if Automatic(delayed start) option is more proper than the Automatic, or Manual options, but it obviously makes PD9 happy... just like this forum has been a lifesaver for me several times. Thanks again XEROX!
-Allen in Chicagoland