Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Your other option is to use Handbrake or some other conversion program to convert the video file.

Ash

I know I could do that but then they are converted should I happen to use anothe rprogram. I need to think about how much of a nuisance it wil be. The other issue with the rotation is they need to be resized to fit
I have an Iphone XR, I shoot most of my Video Horizontal. When I import it, the video's are all sideways (portrait). I checked other software, like Windows Movie, Davinci, even downloaded the PD19, and they all import correctly.

I know I can Rotate the vidio in PD11, but I should not have to... does this mean if I really want to avoid this I will have to upgrade?

I would not mind upgrading, but I don't like the fact that cyberlink is not offering discounted 1 time use packages. I bought full package Suite for about 60 bucks CAD when it came out, and the pricing is making me look elseware. The Annual subscription is $66 1st year and $89 after that.
Thanks Dafydd, I just updated PDR11 and installed Nvidia 331.82. The Rendering issue appears to be solved. I'll let Prash provide a more detailed analysis since he is utilize more of the Nvidia core functions.

Ziggy
Quote: Hi,
Please take note of what Barry has written in this thread recently. He's well intentioned and doesn't need to be subjected to any form of rant.

Dafydd

Sorry Barry

Dafydd

on upgrading, I would be inclined to upgrade for the Ultra Price of $51, but the Ultimate which I have is not compelling to me at $119. If I were to upgrade with Ultra does it mean my "extras" from PDR11 Ultimate would not work? Sorry if you would prefer a separate new post on this question, but given that it is mentioned here I thought I'd ask.

ziggy
I finally had time to upgrade to the latest "Working" version. First I went to 331.65 and it has the rendering issue as noted in previous posts. then installed 331.58 and everything works fine... still expecting a proper resolution

thanks

Ziggy
Quote: Don't know why you need to go all the way back to 314.22 when you can install 331.58 here:

I know, I just happened to have that version downloaded.

I also complained to Nvidia that they should make it possible to allow a program to run in a compatibility mode of an older version of the driver. The Nvidia control panel has the ability to customize specific programs to turn off options but I don't know if that would help and if it does this is where Cyberlink should provide the advice.
I am frustrated by this issue as well, I have now downgraded to 314.22 (which is unacceptable). I haven't had time to dig up the version suggested by others.

I didn't see this post, but here is my opinion

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31328.page#171883

Quote:
Please note: This is a Cyberlink-funded forum, and recommending other rival companies software here is sorta rude, and certainly frowned upon.

Barry, I don't agree with your comment. I've seen it before and unless someone is spamming this forum with Ad's we should not be censored from commenting or suggesting alternative software in light of problems that Cyberlink should be addressing in a timely manner. I believe this can only provide information to cyberlink that will show them how frustrated their users are and even learn what other users are using. the Poster "Samuli " who made the suggestion still prefers Cyberlink over the other. So when we make a comment like this we want Cyberlink to "Hear" our frustration and understand that we really love their product. I think we should not go over board and turn the post into discussing how to use the other software but it should be allowed to be mentioned in the context of dealing with issues.... as the only work around here is to downgrade the driver which not everyone will understand how to do or may not be able to do because of other software requiring it.

I Hear ya Borgus1 but as a rule of thumb I make sure I update all my drivers. I understand the point in relation to the multiple configurations, however when dealing with graphics, video editing software it is a bit more directly related to the software and should have top priority....but I will give you this example again that I noted in my post.....

When I first tried the Trial version of PDR it kept crashing and would not work. I searched hi and Low and then I thought maybe I need to by the full version because the Trial might just be an older build and they probably just use it for demonstration... so I get the new install update it etc and it also still crashes.. so I posted in the http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28174.page. At that time I had in fact updated my video driver and I suspect it would have been suggested to do so because as you see everyone will update their drivers when there is a problem with their current configuration. The problem in that case ended up being a driver for a display related program which in fact was NOT updated for a while.

So as you can see from my first post. I have had PDR 11 for about 8 months, now 12 is out and they fixed the driver issue but totally ignored the same issue with v11. I understand the workload programmers have but there should be a team that is responsible for managing the Legacy versions until their EOL. So I am not happy with this kind of support for issues that have been reported probably over a month ago (maybe longer).

I would be more than happy to upgrade to v12, but since I purchased it only months ago I do not like feeling like I am being pushed into purchasing by lack luster support....sorry I was really annoyed by this issue.

For the record I have now downgraded my Nvidia driver to 314.22 released march 25/13. My Card is a GTX 650. I lost an entire day screwing around with this.
I have the same issue with PDR 11, and there are too many suggestions saying to roll back the video driver. this is unacceptable because other programs require the newer Driver. you need to properly support this program until it's EOL.
When I add a clip to the time line and preview it, it continuously Renders while viewing the clip. There is a green line that progresses indicating it has been rendered. I don't recall this happening before in EDIt mode, so is there a setting that turns this off? I hate this because and I know it was not like this before because I have never had to wait for Rendering in Edit.

I can't recall if I changed a setting or if it is the result of an update?

version:
PowerDirector Ultimate

Edit:

I've been reading that Nvidia drivers can be the culprit

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30/24773.page

The topic I linked is closed and referred to PDR9, but I have 11 so I would hope that 11 is still supported. But it concerns me that a video card driver can have such an impact. I find that PDR is very vulnerable to patches by other software providers (drivers). when I first purchased PDR 11 I could not even use it because of an out dated driver on a 3rd party program called Displaylink (extends your Ipad as a screen)... I have Adobe Elements 8 also and it is not affected, so it is concerning me about moving forward with any upgrades on PDR. I do not like the feeling that a relatively recent version is not getting the support it should.

I also found this link by searching 331.82 which is the latest Nvidia version for my card GeForce GTX650 OC

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30790.page#168987

That post is from Nov 20... I have not made any videos in over a month so this makes sense as to why I did not have the issue before.

PDR... please address this issue
thanks Tony.
Hi,

I had this option enabled, I disabled it now, ut if I go in and delete them, does it affect any project that used them? and how? The are taking 22 gb of space right now.
thanks for the input, I tried the shadow thing but didn't help. As far as rendering goes, I have no clue how to render the video. I see when producing it that is Renders. I attached the screen shot with the SVRT line and only some rendered automatically?

ok so I hear you about my specs, I know it isn't top of the line but the system is still more than enough for the PDR specs, and the hard drive is 228 gb remaining, the other spec was for the CD drive disk that was loaded. Unfortunately the board only holds 8GB, but I think I am good for now, it doesn't freeze while producing, and I can still do plenty without noticing.

dxdiag.txt attached. My system and graphics are more than enough (at least I think they should be). I keep it at "High preview", but even at the lowest it freezes. It is only the clips with a lot of text.

This clip has 7 tracks in it, I'd guess about 500 characters (PDR won't let me copy it out to do a character count) and 2 graphic clips. I don't believe the tracks are an issue because it stil did it with 3 tracks.... 1 text box plus 2 images. This is a 5 minute video and when I produce it there is no issue.

The clips are 1080 HP from a Nikon Digital camera (S8100s), I've done about 4 videos with this camera and PDR and this one has the most in it. Besides the title clip issue I find just simple actions cause PDR to freeze... selecting clips, modifying clips.

why are there red lines showing redndering required? There are green ones but they appeared after I produced the video? Why did only some parts go green? I don't understand this part of PDR. In Asobe premere I would always have to render first and the clips would be smooth.... I find PDR does not normally need this but for this particular video the whole project can be sluggish at times.
I have 2 clips with a lot of text (seems to be the common denominator), when in preveiw as soon as it hts the clip ( has fad transtion between), it freezes... even on lowest playback quality.

Why would it do this? How can I fix.
thanks guys,

I took a closer look and pushed on the heat sink. The Frame was cracked and the heatsink moved in when I pushe don it, so it appears loose... I will replace it and this has to be the reason.

thanks fo rthe input.

ziggy
Hi,

Is PDR11 so processing intensive that it could cause my CPU to over heat and affect the cooling by affecting the thermal paste on the heatsink? I have been using this program for about a month and have made several videos with no issues, in the last week my CPU Fan will come on at high speed with Temps up to 96 Celcius.... my case is clean with no dust and all fans are working fine.

specs...

Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8300
(4M Cache, 2.50 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

http://ark.intel.com/products/39107/...z-1333-MHz-FSB

Hi Guys good news, I got it working.

I also had a support ticket in, but since they don't work on the weekend I did not hear a reply until today.

I would never have thought this was the reason.

I have display link installed, it is an Ipad App that lets you turn your Ipad into a additional monitor (pretty cool), well apparently they spotted the out of date driver as a potential culprit... I literally downloaded the new install and right after that the program works... I must tell you there was a tense 30 seconds while it was starting where I was just waiting for the crash message to pop up, and after that I was afraid to click on anything, but it seems stable.

quote from technical support.....

In ragards to your concern, I would like to inform you that we’ve learned that one of the possible causes is due to the compatibility with DisplayLink software and they already fixed in their v6.3 software release. If you have DisplayLink software installed, please update to v6.3 from the website and see if helps:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

Thanks Rob for suggesting I not take the Radical approach of uninstalling everything, and thanks to Carl/Adrian also for their support.. !!!!
Thanks guys,

I see "Cyberlink RichVideo64 Service" in ms config, but not in task manager.

BF3 is up to date, but I plan to uninstall it. even though I can't find articles on it affecting programs, I am pretty sure my browser issues started around the same time. At first I thought it was an update to IE10 ( which I have rolled back).

Are you suggesting I should uninstall again? Let me know recommended steps... I followed the instructions from the site telling me to install the main program first and then the ad on packs ( although currently I did not re-install them the second time.

This program is one of the few true 64 bit programs that I have.

I'm turning in for the night but will take another crack at it tomorrow.

ziggy
I don't have a problem modifying Registry entry's but I think part of the issue has to be the UAC icon.
Go to: