Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR11 - HD Rendering - Nvidia Driver issue
Ziggy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 18:26 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
When I add a clip to the time line and preview it, it continuously Renders while viewing the clip. There is a green line that progresses indicating it has been rendered. I don't recall this happening before in EDIt mode, so is there a setting that turns this off? I hate this because and I know it was not like this before because I have never had to wait for Rendering in Edit.

I can't recall if I changed a setting or if it is the result of an update?

version:
PowerDirector Ultimate

Edit:

I've been reading that Nvidia drivers can be the culprit

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30/24773.page

The topic I linked is closed and referred to PDR9, but I have 11 so I would hope that 11 is still supported. But it concerns me that a video card driver can have such an impact. I find that PDR is very vulnerable to patches by other software providers (drivers). when I first purchased PDR 11 I could not even use it because of an out dated driver on a 3rd party program called Displaylink (extends your Ipad as a screen)... I have Adobe Elements 8 also and it is not affected, so it is concerning me about moving forward with any upgrades on PDR. I do not like the feeling that a relatively recent version is not getting the support it should.

I also found this link by searching 331.82 which is the latest Nvidia version for my card GeForce GTX650 OC

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30790.page#168987

That post is from Nov 20... I have not made any videos in over a month so this makes sense as to why I did not have the issue before.

PDR... please address this issue

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 28. 2013 00:32

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I also found this link by searching 331.82 which is the latest Nvidia version for my card GeForce GTX650 OC
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30790.page#168987

Use driver 3.158 from
http://geforce.com/drivers
and the problem should be gone. Unless a specific game requires the driver du jour, there's scant reason to upgrade.

As well-known tech writer David Pogue noted in a 60 Minutes piece on setting up entertainment systems, (and I paraphrase)...

You have a PC made in China, a video card from Japan, Microsoft software and a program from Taiwan. Considering the millions of possible computer configurations, what are the chances that all these items will work together seemlessly for every user?
Zilch.

That said, there's the hope that NVidia and Cyberlink are working together to resolve this issue. Make certain that you have installed the latest PD patch, listed at the top of this forum.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 29. 2013 10:38

Ziggy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 18:26 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I Hear ya Borgus1 but as a rule of thumb I make sure I update all my drivers. I understand the point in relation to the multiple configurations, however when dealing with graphics, video editing software it is a bit more directly related to the software and should have top priority....but I will give you this example again that I noted in my post.....

When I first tried the Trial version of PDR it kept crashing and would not work. I searched hi and Low and then I thought maybe I need to by the full version because the Trial might just be an older build and they probably just use it for demonstration... so I get the new install update it etc and it also still crashes.. so I posted in the http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28174.page. At that time I had in fact updated my video driver and I suspect it would have been suggested to do so because as you see everyone will update their drivers when there is a problem with their current configuration. The problem in that case ended up being a driver for a display related program which in fact was NOT updated for a while.

So as you can see from my first post. I have had PDR 11 for about 8 months, now 12 is out and they fixed the driver issue but totally ignored the same issue with v11. I understand the workload programmers have but there should be a team that is responsible for managing the Legacy versions until their EOL. So I am not happy with this kind of support for issues that have been reported probably over a month ago (maybe longer).

I would be more than happy to upgrade to v12, but since I purchased it only months ago I do not like feeling like I am being pushed into purchasing by lack luster support....sorry I was really annoyed by this issue.

For the record I have now downgraded my Nvidia driver to 314.22 released march 25/13. My Card is a GTX 650. I lost an entire day screwing around with this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2013 11:24