Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CPU over heating
Ziggy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 18:26 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Is PDR11 so processing intensive that it could cause my CPU to over heat and affect the cooling by affecting the thermal paste on the heatsink? I have been using this program for about a month and have made several videos with no issues, in the last week my CPU Fan will come on at high speed with Temps up to 96 Celcius.... my case is clean with no dust and all fans are working fine.

specs...

Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8300
(4M Cache, 2.50 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

http://ark.intel.com/products/39107/...z-1333-MHz-FSB
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Is PDR11 so processing intensive that it could cause my CPU to over heat and affect the cooling by affecting the thermal paste on the heatsink?
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8300
(4M Cache, 2.50 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

A/V editing is intensive, but it strikes me as unlikely that it would undermine thermal paste.

Though you may have made no changes, it's prudent to review cooling config in the BIOS; perhaps there is a more effective fan management setting.

(The link you posted returns an error.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2013 21:10

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
If the main processor heat sink veins are dirty then overheating happens...shut down the computer..unplug..open the computer case ( don't forget to ground yourself to remove all static electricity) get a can of compressed air and carefully blow out the heats sink and any other dust and accumulations.
I generally do that once a month.
Just be careful do in short bursts as the canned air is COLD.
Jim
p.s. You do this at your own risk.... Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
James1's advice is correct. Use Air. Can Air or an air compressor.

Do not use a vacuum cleaner, as the static electricity generated will short out the CPU rendering the computer a door stop.
(This actually happened to a friends i7 computer).

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Ziggy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 18:26 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
thanks guys,

I took a closer look and pushed on the heat sink. The Frame was cracked and the heatsink moved in when I pushe don it, so it appears loose... I will replace it and this has to be the reason.

thanks fo rthe input.

ziggy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 03. 2013 23:09