Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shadow Edit files... what happens if I delete them?
Ziggy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 18:26 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I had this option enabled, I disabled it now, ut if I go in and delete them, does it affect any project that used them? and how? The are taking 22 gb of space right now.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ziggy -

No - you can delete those files. It won't cause any issues. Your original videos aren't affected.

The Shadow Edit files are in your PD11 Output folder.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ziggy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 18:26 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
thanks Tony.
Jaxter 12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2022 11:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I had this option enabled, I disabled it now, ut if I go in and delete them, does it affect any project that used them? and how? The are taking 22 gb of space right now.

What about all the edits I did to the files in PowerDirector
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
All edit work, transitions, color grading ect.ect are preserved in the project files. As long as you have the project files, and have the original files that you used to make the project, you are fine. Better is to pack the project in a folder. PD will then make sure that both the project file and ALL basic files are copied to that folder, so that you always go back to what you did. Store that folder in a save place.
the shadow files are only files at lower resolution that help a swift editing process. When you delete them ( in so much GB you have, I certainly recommend that you delete them) and open a project that uses the deleted shadow files, PD will automatically make them again.
so never delete or change the original files and the project file......

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2022 16:34