Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 11 ultra - Nvidia 331.82 and above driver update causing problem of "Rendering bar "
miyatamaa77
Newbie Location: Austalia Joined: Dec 22, 2013 18:54 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I was hopeful you had nailed the problem Mohammed - I have the same rendering problem with PDR 11 build 3230, Windows 8.1, 64bit, Patch 3230, GeForce GTX780 with Driver 331.82. I changed to your recommended Driver but PD just crashed all the time.
Mohammed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2011 00:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi miyatamaa77 ...

Maybe because your video card is different than mine , im not a tech savvy or even a regular tech person. I could barley understand that i need another driver or an update for something , i merely heard other members say that they tried an earlier driver and worked for them so i did the same

Anyhow , lets just wait for cyberlink to reply for this matter. In the meanwhile , why dont you try blender 3D , it has a video editor .

Later .

Mohammad .

[Post New]
Hi Mohammed/Miyatamma77

Driver 331.65 should work just fine with PD 11 Ultra, any driver update above 331.65 will have rendering bar issue. But for - Gamer, I must have 331.82 update with my Nvidia GPU to record my Gameplay with Nvidia Shadowplay

Lets hope CL would come up with a solution soon for PD 11 Ultra users (just like pd 12)

Cheers

Prash PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
Mohammed [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Prash

I was on Driver 331.65 when the render bar issue started with me . I updated to 331.82 and PD11 started to crash right away , so i installed PD11 again to remove the update that i downloaded for PD11 , then i installed driver 320.49
and everything went back to normal . Im gonna install the update for PD11 again later this evening and see how things go.

Im using a window 7 64 bit .
Video card Nvidia GTX 660 TI .

Later

Mohammad .

[Post New]
Hi Mohammad

Try updating to latest patch 3230 for PD 11, it should work fine with 331.65.... PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv
Mohammed [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Parsh

I'll try that .

Thanks
Molishero [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2013 15:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Can we have an official update on the progress of this patch? It's very frustrating having to roll-back my graphics driver every time I want to use your product.

Thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2013 23:04

AMD FX8350, Nvidia GTX 660, 16GB
Samuli [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2013 13:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here with the Power Director 11 Ultra after Nvidia 331.65 drivers it is impossible to edit anything because of the constant render!

Specs:
I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Sabertooth P67
G.Skill Ripjaws 16Gb (F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL)
EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan @1086/1548 ( GeForce 331.93 beta)
Windows 7 (64bit)
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately the only way you're going to be able to use this program until Cyberlink issues a patch is to go back to 331.58 or earlier. You may find it on this NVidia page:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

It would be nice if it were otherwise, but that's the way it is right now. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2013 16:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
this is really unacceptable, my powerdirector is basically unusable. The rendering bar makes it impossible to do anything and the audio doesn't work either. Trying to use to audio tracks at the same time results in the muting of both as soon as I try to playback and the rendering bar kicks in. What the hell is going on cyberlink?
Samuli [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2013 13:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am using Corel VideoStudio 6 X Pro trial version. It is the next best thing but lets be fair the PowerDirector is better and faster when it works. I have not had any problems before this. Trial lasts 30 days I hope the problem get shorted out by then.
[Post New]
I have a slightly different problem that I didn't realize until I saw this thread may very well be related to yours. The 1st time I launched PD 11 to do a project after having updated to Nvidia 331.82 drivers I now can not import AVI or WMV clips into a project. Everything else seems to work fine. I really do not know if the drivers are the cause but that was the only system change of any kind I had made since the last time I had used PD11. (other than the most recent update for PD 11. Anyone else having this issue? CPU: i7-3930K MB: Asus Sabertooth X79 MEM: 32gb G. Skill Trident X GPU: 2) Asus GTX 680 4gb OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
John [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Samuli, thanks for the suggestion, Ill try the trial version of Corel for the next month and see if Cyberlink have sorted it out. Still not happy, you actually go out and pay for software, you think, you know what, lets do this the legit way. Great thinking...
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink cannot fix all issues alone, they often need to do it in association with other software companies, but it should be done faster, in my opinion.
Please note: This is a Cyberlink-funded forum, and recommending other rival companies software here is sorta rude, and certainly frowned upon.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2013 08:42

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Ziggy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 18:26 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I am frustrated by this issue as well, I have now downgraded to 314.22 (which is unacceptable). I haven't had time to dig up the version suggested by others.

I didn't see this post, but here is my opinion

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31328.page#171883

Quote:
Please note: This is a Cyberlink-funded forum, and recommending other rival companies software here is sorta rude, and certainly frowned upon.

Barry, I don't agree with your comment. I've seen it before and unless someone is spamming this forum with Ad's we should not be censored from commenting or suggesting alternative software in light of problems that Cyberlink should be addressing in a timely manner. I believe this can only provide information to cyberlink that will show them how frustrated their users are and even learn what other users are using. the Poster "Samuli " who made the suggestion still prefers Cyberlink over the other. So when we make a comment like this we want Cyberlink to "Hear" our frustration and understand that we really love their product. I think we should not go over board and turn the post into discussing how to use the other software but it should be allowed to be mentioned in the context of dealing with issues.... as the only work around here is to downgrade the driver which not everyone will understand how to do or may not be able to do because of other software requiring it.

BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am frustrated by this issue as well, I have now downgraded to 314.22 (which is unacceptable). I haven't had time to dig up the version suggested by others.
Don't know why you need to go all the way back to 314.22 when you can install 331.58 here:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/68499/en-us
(In spite of the title of this thread, 331.65 was the NVidia update that started the problems.)

I've upgraded to PD 12 for other reasons, so this issue is no longer relevant to me. I'm a fairly new Cyberlink user, but I don't think this company is making any friends by dragging their feet on this. If they can fix it for PD 12 (which they apparently have) it's about time they did the same for their customers who are using this version. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
Ziggy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Don't know why you need to go all the way back to 314.22 when you can install 331.58 here:

I know, I just happened to have that version downloaded.

I also complained to Nvidia that they should make it possible to allow a program to run in a compatibility mode of an older version of the driver. The Nvidia control panel has the ability to customize specific programs to turn off options but I don't know if that would help and if it does this is where Cyberlink should provide the advice.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2013 17:22

John [Avatar]
[Post New]
Barry, I in no way want to use anyone elses software, when powerdirector was working it was absolutely amazing and the absolute last thing i want to do is go and learn how to use someone elses software, but I have videos I have to edit for certian projects and if cyberlink cant fix it quickly then I have no choice.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Trust me, I understand, I'm just informing you that such activity sometimes draws the ire of the people that run the forum. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Ziggy1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I finally had time to upgrade to the latest "Working" version. First I went to 331.65 and it has the rendering issue as noted in previous posts. then installed 331.58 and everything works fine... still expecting a proper resolution

thanks

Ziggy
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Please take note of what Barry has written in this thread recently. He's well intentioned and doesn't need to be subjected to any form of rant. The points being made here are understandable and it is frustrating for end users who can not get to use PDR11 with the latest Nvidia driver due to the pre-render issue. CyberLink are working on a fix. I don't have a release date.

Prash who is the OP of this thread has moved to PDR12 and experienced a problem. I thought/I think/I believe I have localized the cause to a conflict with Nvidia's ShadowPlay*. Some of you may have read the PDR12 beta patch thread and Prash's continued/new thread. Please have a read and perhaps contribute to that thread.

*I used the latest, a beta release.

Dafydd