Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Basic to any editing software! where can I place my copyright details into photos?
Hi.

I actually created 2 projects for PD8 one I called basic the other Getty, the Getty project holds 1450 studio quality images and keywords.

Now I don't know if the keywords have something to do with it but every opening even when just opened and closed it takes around 1:20 to load, the folder containing the images is 10+Gb

At any rate I don't want to wast that much time when LR does just as good a job but much quicker.

Thanks

David

Quote: Hello again djmorgan,

I've just tested opening the same PhD project containing 2217 JPG files using PhD8. Initially, there was a 25-30 second set-up period where PhD8 was somehow modifying it for use in PhD8. Now, re-opening the project takes only a few seconds.

Obviously that wasn't your experience. I was interested to determine whether it might have been an issue more generally.

I also use LightroomCC, which takes a similar time to import & render photos initially - then re-opens just as instantly.

Thank you for posting your issue & prompting further investigation.

PIX
I have only just started to use PhotoDirector to handle my portfolio which consists of RAW images up to the 4Gb each range and JPG around 13Mb each, so you can see a bit of a work load.

PD8 is okay with a small portfolio but when it hits the 2k plus with keywords it will take well over a minute just to load, let alone do any work.

I have ran all the versions of PowerDirector and presently use 14 so it is not a issue related to hardware.

I have requested a refund, and upgrade Lightroom to the latest version which handles my workload without complaint.

Thanks for the assist

David.

Quote: Hello djmorgan,

Welcome to the Photodirector forum laughing

I'm afraid I don't yet have PhD 8 installed on the only PC available here, so I'm unable to make any comparison.

Do you mean by comparison with previous versions? other software? Was the project in question created in an earlier version of PhD?

This is not necessarily a valid comparison, but I just opened a PhD 7 project containing 2217 high res JPGs (no RAW files) and it loaded in a few seconds. All the photos were imported, and are stored, on the same C Drive as the PhD installation.

When my other PC with PhD 8 installed is returned from repairs, I'll do some further testing.

PIX
I have over 2000 large JPG in the library, this causes PD8 to load very slowly on startup, any tips to improve speed?
No apparent issues here with driver or the two programs mentioned.
Quote: Hi jmone
Sorry for late reply: There are many variations of PAL, ie PAL A,B,C,D etc. many of which ,as you rightly say, were due to differing frequency allocations and bandwidths in different countries though there were some major differences in audio modulation (Ie UK PAL vs AUST PAL)
PAL M (i think that's right) wouldn't work in the UK though, as its 512 lines and is more compatible with NTSC
Mainly there are some differences in sound modulation methods which may affect playback in a DVD
But many players multi region internals do have built in conversion to remedy that and of course most European TVs have auto multi format features which compensate
SECAM isn't compatible with PAL as the video is sent out Sequentially, but again, most multi format European TV sets handle this conversion internally too, though France is now mainly PAL orientated
But I think I am getting a bit off topic
Rgds
John

The importance is getting a response correct! the question related to AUS and UK, there are differences in PAL with Brazil/Argentina and a few others but that was not the question.

Now we try to cloud the waters with mis-information, the true facts of PAL as we know it today are: (Wikipedia)

PAL-B/G/D/K/I
The majority of countries using PAL have television standards with 625 lines and 50 fields per second, differences concern the audio carrier frequency and channel bandwidths. Standards B/G are used in most of Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand, standard I in the UK, Ireland, Hong Kong, South Africa and Macau, standards D/K in most of Central and Eastern Europe and Standard D in mainland China. Most analogue CCTV cameras are Standard D.
Systems B and G are similar. System B is used for 7 MHz-wide channels on VHF, while System G is used for 8 MHz-wide channels on UHF (Australia uses System B on UHF). Similarly, Systems D and K are similar except for the bands they use: System D is only used on VHF, while System K is only used on UHF. Although System I is used on both bands, it has only been used on UHF in the United Kingdom due to the black-and-white 405-line "System A" TV services on VHF operating until the 1980s.

Please note that that Audio and channel frequency ONLY relates to a TV tuner NOT the playing of recorded material, Basically PAL is PAL and will work AUS/UK :x

AND as the OP has stated his AUS produced PAL disc played nicely in the UK, really no need for the follow up except now to correct bad advice.
MVP! if you look where you upload to YouTube in the program you will see that you can tick a box to also share with Directorzone.

As to the other I don't know, always found DZ strange.
Don't give up the day job! this is the PD11 forum not youtube self promotion, the moderator has taken many to task for the mention and display of other products and services, this should be treated in a similar manner.

If you want to promote your editing skills or whatever! you should provide a link to your youtube account, I am not aware of you being a Cyberlink employee.

There is no difference, PAL is Pal and NTSC is NTSC does not matter what side on the pond you are on
Quote: i hit the maximize and my display is already set to 1920 x 1080 and nothing is helping

still tiny

I don't understand this response! when you hit 'maximise' top right of the program interface, does the program itself expand to fill the entire real estate of your TV/monitor? if yes are you saying that although now expanded all the program remains the size as though it was reduced in size?

I find it difficult to comprehend why if this is an issue it has not been raised before, I wear glasses and have no problems seeing, do you wear glasses? can you read books/newspapers okay even watch normal TV? this all seems a bit strange to me.
In his compare.png and preferences.png, the program is definitely in restore down mode as per the actions top left corner. As this is the only real comparison capture he has shown it has to be restored down and therefore easy to fix!

As to the image on the TV as no reference is shown to the screen or background it could be anything.

As this has never been raised before I'd say the op either has display driver issue or user error!

Carl has got it! well done, open the program maximised not restored down.

Well done

I often wonder why people here repeat an answer! is it ego or the desire to get another 1 on the message count!

Trial version is FREE!!!!!!!

Yes spend half a day reinstalling as penalty for being a troll!

You could have use a trial version to see its feature suited your demanding tastes, you could have taken a course in logic to understand that if your the only one having crashes it may be your system.

You could go off and spend a lot more money for those features you seem to need to produce your cinema movie or commercial.

ANYWHO! doubt anybody is going to rave about your review, if that's what you choose to call it

Agreed

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26778.page

Some people look but don't see! it has been a sticky by Dafydd for the past two days at the top of the forum, I know you feel like a fool but it will soon pass.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: It is never a bother to me to read an entire topic, although I do misread them sometimes.

Not really relevant!

Your reply is not relevant to the topic. Try to get involved and help in the topic. This is a relevant topic that I started and I would prefer that it not be distracted.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Then you should not throw in inflammatory comments that are NOT RELEVANT to your own thread, I have all day to bait you if you want the challenge
Quote:
Quote: Can't be bothered to read the whole thread, if the question is does PD11 use multiple GPU's like in 2 video cards (SLI) as in using nVidia GPU's the answer is a resounding yes.

I have run my 2 x GTX460 in SLI with PD11 and can monitor GPU activity for both cards using AIDA64 and there is activity on both cards doing editing, rendering etc. with PD11, can't speak to the other brand cards.

If that wasn't the questing then sorry can't help

I have the same SLI set up with 2 GTX460's and "Afterburner" only shows one card active when using PD.

I haven't chased it up any further after reports of hardware acceleration rendering being worse than CPU rendering. Plus I only do short videos max about 20 minutes most under 10 minutes so time is not a factor for me.

The last time I used afterburner it was only capable of reporting on 1 GPU same as EVGA Precision X that I use now, Furmark and Heaven will report on both GPU's but of course will not report PD11 as that is not their function.

Get AIDA64 or TechPowerUp version 0.6.7 of GPU-Z to see SLI in action with PD11, as to your other comment regarding quality I can only say that seems subjective and I can't see a quality difference from edits done when we couldn't use hardware rendering to after it was fixed.
Quote: It is never a bother to me to read an entire topic, although I do misread them sometimes.

Not really relevant!
Go to: