Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ok hoping it's an easy fix-need PD TO BE MUCH LARGER
roma1919 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: canada Joined: Feb 14, 2013 04:48 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
am using windows 7 and have my tv display set to 1900x800 pixels.. however all the meny items in PD are small.. usually in browsers you can hit ctr++++ to make the screen larger in a program..or software.. what is the hot keys or secret tomake the PD LARGER.. help

thanks roma..happy happy happy
[Post New]
Roma,

I don't know of a way to make the whole program larger but you can make the thumbnails in your project larger by sliding the slide tool which is located above the thumbnails.

You can also make each track larger making it easier to see your images. Position your cursor over the line under the lock of the track you want to enlarge till it turns to a double sided arrow and then and drag downward.

Hope this helps some. Someone else might how to make the whole program appear larger on your larger resolution screen. Hope So...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2013 08:26

Dustie
I'm still working on it....
roma1919 [Avatar]
[Post New]
well thanks.. i do know how to make the bits and pieces larger.. but i want the whole screen and MENU ITEMS LARGER -- i am getting old and can't see so welll.lol (I am using a 47" TV display and the menu items are still miniscule... and all the commands and preferences are very small... no way to enlarge them..

hope cyberlink can help all of us out this way.. most software can be enlarged on screen no matter the resolution of the display.. this is unfortunate that they have not put these parameters in the program///

Cyberlink please fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! roma..happy happy happy
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi roma1919,
This might seem silly, I think it would show us all the problem you have. Please can you provide a screenshot of PDR11's Edit Workspace as it appears to you on your 47" screen? In theory the interface's options should be reflecting the size you're describing.
Dafydd

Edit "?" added

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2013 10:03

roma1919 [Avatar]
[Post New]
even though the sceen looks nice. i am sitting about 3 feet away and all the menu items are tiny tiny

not sure if the image is helpful

but believe me all the menu items are extremely difficult to read. and i am not blind yet.. lol

like i said most programs you can increase the zoom in and out.. this is horrible that everything looks tiny on the screen

i have also attached an image showing that my display size is at max.

so am scratching my head

hope you can help me!
[Thumb - displaysize.png]
 Filename
displaysize.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
378 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
155 time(s)
[Thumb - screen on tv.png]
 Filename
screen on tv.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
700 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
173 time(s)
roma..happy happy happy
roma1919 [Avatar]
[Post New]
also when i bring up the preference box.. i need to stand up and go to the tv just to read what is on there.. wow..

anything that open up like keyframe, powertools etc etc it is supertiny to read.. even if i minize the whole screen.. no change occurs

should i use the magnifier tool in windows (hope not)
roma..happy happy happy
roma1919 [Avatar]
[Post New]
to help some more- i just put PD against this post/forum site- so u see how small everything is

[Thumb - compare.png]
 Filename
compare.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
801 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
160 time(s)
roma..happy happy happy
roma1919 [Avatar]
[Post New]
can u imagine to read the dialogue box "preferances" here is the pic.. i can't read..

[Thumb - prefereances.png]
 Filename
prefereances.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1060 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
148 time(s)
roma..happy happy happy
roma1919 [Avatar]
[Post New]
now to even make it worse, i went into windows display and supersize the screen everything to 200%

so when i went to open PD.. it did not grow to 200% like everything else

here is a screen shot

i am ready to shoot PD.. why won't it get bigger with display set to larger..this is ridiculous.. does anyone know the magic formula.. HELP
[Thumb - super.png]
 Filename
super.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1149 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
135 time(s)
roma..happy happy happy
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
roma1919 ,

You'll find many apps do not auto scale their menus to that of a larger monitor. In your case the Windows magnifier may be the only option.

Win 10, i7
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: can u imagine to read the dialogue box "preferances" here is the pic.. i can't read..

See Attached Image.

I think you are running Powerdirector in the Window mode. What happens if the click the Square Icon at the top of the Powerdirector interface?

Also what happens if you set your computer screen resolution to 1920x1080?
[Thumb - roma1919_prefereances_edited.png]
 Filename
roma1919_prefereances_edited.png
[Disk]
 Description
Your Screen Shot I edited.
 Filesize
478 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
157 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2013 16:20

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Carl has got it! well done, open the program maximised not restored down.

Well done Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Or try it the other way, have the program opened at restore down and then use the corners to up-size the screen. You can actually make the display so large that you won't be able to see it all. I'm using side by side monitors and can enlarge the display so it extends to the other dieplay.

Be careful with this becasue you can lose the corner icons (full size, restore down, minimize) if you are not careful. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
The screenshot Roma posted at https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27120.page#147819 shows PD maximised.

I think PD may have been restored (in other screenshots) down for the purpose of comparison.

Using Windows screen magnifier or third part software may be the best option.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Screen on TV Posted.png]
 Filename
Screen on TV Posted.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
408 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2013 19:01

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
In his compare.png and preferences.png, the program is definitely in restore down mode as per the actions top left corner. As this is the only real comparison capture he has shown it has to be restored down and therefore easy to fix!

As to the image on the TV as no reference is shown to the screen or background it could be anything.

As this has never been raised before I'd say the op either has display driver issue or user error!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 20. 2013 20:14

Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi roma1919,
Thanks for the images. After reading all the contributions here, please give some feedback.
Dafydd
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ... i want the whole screen and MENU ITEMS LARGER -- i am getting old and can't see so welll.lol (I am using a 47" TV display and the menu items are still miniscule... and all the commands and preferences are very small... no way to enlarge them..

hope cyberlink can help all of us out this way.. most software can be enlarged on screen no matter the resolution of the display.. this is unfortunate that they have not put these parameters in the program

Unfortunately for users with vision impairment, whether PD's workspace is maximised to full screen or restored down, the menu items remain the same size. Different modules can be "undocked" & expanded, but the main menu items (above the library) cannot. Overlaid screenshot attached.

Roma - if the built in "Magnify" feature in Windows (look under Accessibility) doesn't help you, there is other software that might...

http://www.mediaaccess.org.au/digital-technology/assistive-tech/screen-magnifiers
http://www.disabled-world.com/assistivedevices/computer/screen-magnifiers.php

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Max_Restore Down.png]
 Filename
Max_Restore Down.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
633 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
141 time(s)

roma1919 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thansk tony- i don't think i will use magnifier.. that is going overboard. where it really bothers me is the size of the scrubber where it it stands beside the pic or video =so one can add another element and not have to guess whether you are overwriting it.. seeing the whole timeline is minisculse as well.. I guess if u are sitting at a desktop the screen is inches away from you. I somehow like or got used to using my large TV which sits 3 feet away and it's quite annoying to see menu items, timeline all very tiny.! hope PD11 puts in a patch for this very SOON

i guess i will need to add my other small display and work off a of a table.. which i really don't wish to do..lol

thanks for all your help.. BUT CYBERLINK PLEASE FIX THIS! roma..happy happy happy
roma1919 [Avatar]
[Post New]
i hit the maximize and my display is already set to 1920 x 1080 and nothing is helping

still tiny roma..happy happy happy
ynotfish
[Post New]
Roma -

Do you have the timeline expanded to maximum? That would help with inserting media.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Max_TL.png]
 Filename
Max_TL.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
319 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2013 05:02