Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Corporation visits CES 2013 in Las Vegas-Video by Cap'n Kevin
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone!

This January the members of Cyberlink's MVP program were invited by Cyberlink to attend the Consumer Electronics Show 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada. My wife and I made the trip to go to the show. Cyberlink also hosted and treated us to a fabulous dinner for my wife and I while we were there. My wife was presented with an exquisite hand blown Tittot glass bowl. I received my Cyberlink media Kit which was filled with lots of great things. Cyberlink sure knows how to treat their guests! Thank you!

This is one of the largest electronic trade shows in the world held annually in Las Vegas. Some of the highlights was the Cyberlink hospitality suite, the Sony booth featuring 4K TV's including 4K 3-D TV, and the jaw dropping Sharp 85" 8K TV! It was really something to see people stand inches from the screen and take close-up pictures. It was almost 3 dimensional looking, but without the 3D glasses. We visited the Canon booth for forum member Barry the Crab and got some questions answered about the soon to be released Canon HFG20 Video camera. The GoPro booth was exceptional as well as Samsung and Nikon. Way too much to see!

Filmed the video using my Sony HDR-SR12 video camera (1920x1080 m2ts), iPhone 4S (1920x1080 mov) and Nikon Coolpix AW100 camera.

Produced with an i7 Intel CPU, HD Radeon 5770 Graphic card (1 Gig memory), 12 Gigs of RAM, Corsair 180 Gig SSD with 63 Gigs of free space. Produced without HA. 43 minutes to produce it.

Video wall was created using PowerDirector 11 (build 2516) using 36 video tracks. Produced using the YouTube up loader feature in PowerDirector selecting the 1920x1080 profile. I have always been satisfied with the up loader for my purposes.

Editing went without a stutter or a hitch. The program never crashed or gave me any trouble. It was a pleasurable experience.

Hope you enjoy the video!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 15. 2013 18:32

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Great editing Cap'n! Thanks for sharing.

________________________________________________________________________________________

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 15. 2013 00:30

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Great video and great editing!! Guess your wife "Polly" held the bank card and credit cards...I was supposed to go but wife broke her foot just before the show so I had to baby sit her for a few days.
Grat work.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Tropical-FX Studios
Newbie Location: Northern California, USA Joined: Dec 14, 2010 22:08 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Cap'n Kevin,
AWESOME JOB!
Thanks for sharing.
Looks like something I might attend next year. Best Regards,
Steve

PD12 Ultimate v2706. Computer: MSI X58M, Intel i7-980 6-core @ 3.33 Ghz, 24 GB RAM, 2X ATI Radeon HD 6870 2GB in Crossfire, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on Samsung 1TB SSD 840 EVO + 600GB VelociRaptor + 5TB of WD Storage.
Director Suite 2
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Awesome video, very entertaining.

I think you should have toned down the music track though, when the Canon rep was talking and describing the camcorder. ~Tom~
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Great, Kevin! Absolutely great!

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Don't give up the day job! this is the PD11 forum not youtube self promotion, the moderator has taken many to task for the mention and display of other products and services, this should be treated in a similar manner.

If you want to promote your editing skills or whatever! you should provide a link to your youtube account, I am not aware of you being a Cyberlink employee.

Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
wheeee!

[Thumb - handbagged.png]
 Filename
handbagged.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
852 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2013 05:06

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
Great job Cap'n Kevin thank you for sharing. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

This Cyberlink sponsored event for its MVP members at the CES show in Las Vegas is just one of many benefits to becoming a Cyberlink MVP member. Cyberlink also hosted its first quarterly Webinar where the MVP's could speak directly with product managers and give suggestions for products. We had the Vice President of Product Management as well as the Manager for PowerDirector in attendance listening to various suggestions. It was really a great meeting and it was awesome to meet some of the other members in the MVP program. We were also shown some of the new products soon to be released.

If you are interested in becoming a MVP member please check out the MVP page on the Cyberlink site. Cyberlink is looking for new members and promoting their products! Check it out!

Cranston Thanks Cranston!

James1 Thanks James! It was a pleasure meeting you at the Cyberlink Webinar. It was lots of fun and very informative too.

Tiki_Dawg Thanks so much! The CES show was really great!

Kmot Good point! Thanks for your comment. I should have lowered the music.

1Nina Thanks Nina!!

vn800rider Wheeee!

Michael8511 Thanks Michael!!

Kevin

[Post New]
Kevin;
Great, Kevin! Absolutely great! (as Nina1 said)

djmorgan;
I return here today to find yet another positive and enjoyable discussion ruined by your venom-filled attacks.
It is an offense to the community (IMHO) that the Moderator of this forum has allowed your public abuse/ridicule of others to go on for so long.

dafydd;
I bought Cyberlink long ago BECAUSE of this forum and the helpful, participative community that supported there (including yourself). In the past, if I commented negatively, you were quick to caution me, and force an attitude change. You served well for years, but perhaps Cyberlink should make a change, if we can't do better than this. A very least, please explain why djmorgan is still being allowed to carry on his constant and offensive attacks on visitors here. Moderators can't choose favorites and regardless how much he contributes (much more than me you have been sure to tell me in PM), his constant smears of others good intentions are a liability for Cyberlink. Why is he still allowed to spew hatred unabated? What say you?

Take it outside djmorgan, you are NOT helping this product or the community.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 15. 2013 08:11

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Don't give up the day job! this is the PD11 forum not youtube self promotion.
Are you referencing admonitions like these two most recent admonitions?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27373.page#149506
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26860.page#146247

Quote: If you want to promote your editing skills or whatever! you should provide a link to your youtube account.
Mr Morgan,
A number of forum members here were invited by Cyberlink to join in a Webinar meeting and chat last evening, hosted by four Cyberlink department heads in Taiwan. A Webinar is similar to a Skype chat with multiple individuals simultaneously connected per invitation, who thus have the ability to listen, interact, and discuss items and issues with these CL department heads in attendance.

One of the topics raised by Cyberlink in this Webinar chat, was a mention by CL that CL was happy to see that Cap’n Kevin and his lovely wife were able to make the trip to attend the recent CES show, at CL’s invitation. And CL wanted to let everyone know that Kevin had taken lots of photos and footage of the event floor as well as in CL’s suite. So CL wanted to let everyone know that CL had encouraged and were thankful that Kevin was going to edit and share his video of the CES event with the rest of the PowerDirector community, on Youtube and in the forum.

Now Kevin’s sharing of this CES visit production (per Cyberlink’s request), may not please you Mr Morgan sir. But apparently it pleased Cyberlink (who by the way own this forum), as it was CL who made that topic one of their Webinar meeting agenda items that CL took the time to mention to everyone.

But if the linked/attached video displeases you, perhaps you could contact the CL Corporate offices in Taiwan directly, and alert them of your concerns, and remind them of those great strides you mentioned. As well as alerting CL of the offense taken at seeing the posting of this particular video that CL themselves publicly endorsed and encouraged Cap’n Kevin to share with the rest of the Cyberlink community.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 06. 2013 07:52

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
HERE is an unsolicited PM from djmorgan to me, in response:

Quote: Are you a total idiot? having an opinion is not uttering venom! although from previous discussions with you I doubt your level of intelligence would appreciate that.

I did not attack Capt. tool! I simply made what in my opinion was a valid observation, he was SELF promoting and was not very good at it, and it was not a topic for the PD11 forum IN MY OPINION...... and that is what makes the world go around, not all people agree on all things.

So suck it up, nothing you type will get to me and I do nothing to directly insult a person other than state my opinion which I am entitled too, so if you don't like it stop coming to the forum! you provide no assistance at all

EDIT: I almost forgot to say THANKS for showing the great video, Kevin. I felt like I was THERE!!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 15. 2013 09:07

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

I hope this encourages other members in the forum to become part if the great MVP program community. It really is great to see how serious Cyberlink is in listening to its MVP members. Many of which are active members in this forum. Cyberlink is a leader in the Prosumer video software editing market in my opinion. I Love there software!

When i started this topic, I copied in the person in charge of the MVP program and all the Cyberlink Product Manager managers that I had email addresses to referencing this topic in this Cyberlink Community Forum. It sure was an exciting event to attend. I can't wait to go next year!

Thanks everyone!

Kevin
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
FredB wrote:

EDIT: I almost forgot to say THANKS for showing the great video, Kevin. I felt like I was THERE!!

You are welcome Fred! It was a great event, an honor for me and my wife to be there and fun was had by all. Although the Cyberlink people sure did work hard getting the Suite set up and then tearing it down after the event. Lots of hard work!!

It must be a challenge for the Cyberlink representatives to travel such a great distance so far from home to do these events!

Best to you Fred!

Kevin
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
See what happens when you are gone for a few weeks moving....... the forum goes to pot.....

For all you whiny cry babies...... if you don't like a video, which was made in PD by the way, how about keeping your lame comments about it out of here.... . And besides... why does anyone care what some one else in here thinks..... if you got it, like it, flaunt it.... Hmmmmmmm.......... Grow up people..... and you wonder why people avoid these forums like the plague..... I am pretty sure it still belongs to CYBERLINK......

As far as I know there is an administrator(s) that are the forum cops in here... not the wanna be ones in here....

Apparently there is some flak about Kevin's video of the DES show in Vegas.... Seems to me he was an invited GUEST of CYBERLINK to attend. So he would have the absolute RIGHT to make a video and of course show him and others having a great time there. Having been to the CES show 12 years in a row myself.... it IS something to behold....

By the way... anyone flaming this post.. go right ahead as I absolutely DO NOT care what you may think.... I only worry about the forum cops....

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin,

Good way of showing off the capabilities of PD.

Unfortunately it also shows why a good stabilizer app like that of NevBlueFx would be nice to have in our arsenal. Dreaming maybe ? Win 10, i7
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
GREAT video Cap'n!
I wish I could have taken the trip, it appears you had a blast, I'm going to watch this overandoverandoverandover...
Too bad that "other fellow" is off his meds again. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Quote: Kevin,

Good way of showing off the capabilities of PD.

Unfortunately it also shows why a good stabilizer app like that of NevBlueFx would be nice to have in our arsenal. Dreaming maybe ?

HDedit,

You have A very good eye!!

I did apply stabilization to lots if the video as I was holding the camera most of the time. And it does produce some distortion after its produced. I only applied the default middle setting, maybe that was too much. But I agree with you there are probably improvements that could be made to the image stabilizer facility.

Thanks for your observations!

Kevin
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Quote: GREAT video Cap'n!
I wish I could have taken the trip, it appears you had a blast, I'm going to watch this overandoverandoverandover....

Hey Barry,

Thanks! My apologies for drowning out the question you wanted answered at the Canon booth with the music bed. Oops!

Next year Barry maybe we can get a whole group together and make it a bigger party!

Even my wife Polly said it was a great show. I want sure how interesting it was going to be for her. But the show has a real entertainment element to it that it makes it even more interesting.

Now that people In the forum are now recording with new 4K cameras such as the GoPro models. It will Be exciting to get forum users feedback On what the footage looks like on these new 4K display TVs. It's pretty cool that Cyberlink jumped on the bandwagon and offered these 4K output file possibilities.

Best,

Kevin