Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Actually, my experience is that this forum is the best thing that Cyberlink has going for it! Every time I have asked a question, someone has offered a solution or a workaround. Being a Studio user, this is a big help, since all the programs have issues and being connected to others who can provide answers is key! Also, powerzone is very cool and something others dont offer.
Could you please clarify what version you bought? I ask because PD7 Deluxe has 2 MP4 output formats standard?
Are you using a music track with this option that you aren't using with others that work? I found that if I have an unacceptable music file, it screws up the playing of the slideshow, even when I delete that music. I save the images prior to adding music, just to be sure. That way, I can reload the project, not redo it. Wouldn't be surprised if it is the same with an image. Seems like PD doesn't "reset" after removing something it doesn't like...Anyone have more data or can correct me if I'm wrong?

Before I do alot of experimenting to try and see what the "formula" might be for different slide show types, does anyone know how many images it takes to make a template slideshow of a certain duration? For example, my preferences are 8 second stills & 2 second transitions. Using no music, if I use the "cell" slideshow to create a show with 20 images, the result is a 12 second clip. With 53 images, it is a 42 second clip. The "3d" template, on the other hand, produces a 1:41 second clip using 20 images. I haven't done any other variations yet, but was hoping this info is available somewhere? I have used Pinnacle Studio before, and their formula slideshows (with music) will tell you that you need X images to use the entire music once...Even if it said "In collage, each image is used for 2 seconds" that would be helpful. Hoping there is information out there...or let me know if I should contact tech support?? Thank you.
Hopefully I'm not being presumptuous, but the magic motion designer lets you highly customize pan and zoom, at least on images. Just apply a motion, then invoke the designer and you can edit the motion path and zoom amoung.
Wow! This is a deal breaker for someone who does video slideshows as a primary reason for using this package. I just bought it to replace an older version of Pinnacle, so need to know ASAP if there is a work around or solution, Please help!
Thank you for your quick help!
Hi, So transitions in Powerdirector actually decrease the time of images on either side? Please confirm then, that 4 10 second images with 3 five second transitions in between will produce a show of 25 seconds? So I guess transitions should be kept short if I want more picture time?
When trying to make a custom slideshow (not using templates), applying random transitions to a group of slides shortens the duration of the movie (significantly) rather than lengthening it (or even keeping it the same). The individual images still SAY they have the same duration, but it doesn't play that way. For example, in preferences, I have images set to 10 sec, and transitions to 5. If I drag 6 images to timeline, total duration is 60 seconds. If I "apply random transition to all", it does it, but SHORTENS the entire movie to 35 seconds. Playing the movie shows that now images are viewed much shorter. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't the movie be 90 seconds long after adding the transitions?
I just had the same thing happen. I think it is a problem with digital river downloads. It stopped during each of two downloads (no rebooting). Was able to continue downloading until complete, but then the file was corrupt when extracted. Third and subsequent times got the message 403 forbidden from the server. No abuse - but also no help and no resolution. Have cancelled my order
Go to: