Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding More Effects
john [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2008 10:33 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any download packages for adding more Effects to work with or any way to create your own?

I checked a few tutorials, but I might have missed one.
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Not that I know of. Most of the 3rd party plugin are designed for other video editing softwares PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
There is actually a Christmas effect pack. It might be on the Cyberlink website.
You can also join and search SeeMyWorld, there is a link to a site that has hundreds of video files that can be used as effects. These cover just about any holiday or event you can imagine. Except Festivus of course.
Just use them with Chroma-key and you have a free effect! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
john [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah, took a look at those didn't exactly hit the spot.

Took a look at the Cyberlink Director zone, didn't seem to have anything listed for Effects or Transitions. The holiday pack demo didn't see anything from it, so I decided to avoid buying it until I know exactly whats in it.

Basically all I really wanted was just some extra controls, like say using the Zoom In Effect, instead of just zooming in the middle, I'd like to be able to say zoom into the top left handside corner. That sort of thing. Like for Windows Movie Make, even though its very basic there was a few cool effects and transitions that I'd like to have, or something at least similar.

Was just interested in more options or, if there's any way I can somehow program in some new ones to use for myself for some good variety.
Linda B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 13:42 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hopefully I'm not being presumptuous, but the magic motion designer lets you highly customize pan and zoom, at least on images. Just apply a motion, then invoke the designer and you can edit the motion path and zoom amoung.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Linda B & John,

And this (see link), will work for video.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5381.page#20843 Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
john [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just checked that thread out. It looked pretty excellent for zooming. On with that, too bad yeah Cyberlink doesnt have some more user definable tools for those.

You should sticky that article. Now with the other effects and transitions....

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page#20548