Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Template Slideshow Durations/formula?
Linda B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 13:42 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Before I do alot of experimenting to try and see what the "formula" might be for different slide show types, does anyone know how many images it takes to make a template slideshow of a certain duration? For example, my preferences are 8 second stills & 2 second transitions. Using no music, if I use the "cell" slideshow to create a show with 20 images, the result is a 12 second clip. With 53 images, it is a 42 second clip. The "3d" template, on the other hand, produces a 1:41 second clip using 20 images. I haven't done any other variations yet, but was hoping this info is available somewhere? I have used Pinnacle Studio before, and their formula slideshows (with music) will tell you that you need X images to use the entire music once...Even if it said "In collage, each image is used for 2 seconds" that would be helpful. Hoping there is information out there...or let me know if I should contact tech support?? Thank you.
[Post New]
Hi Linda B,
I'm a relative newbie myself but I have learnt a lot while I've been fiddling around with PD7, mainly thanks to this forum and the tutorial videos.

I haven't found any indication that the feature you're describing is available in PD7, but I can tell you what I do to adjust the timing.

This is possibly not THE answer, but it is an idea I have used manipulate the timing of a slide show, imprecise though it is.

1. Import the images
2. Make the slide show according to your own preferences/needs... make it look the way you want it to
3. Click Produce to render it in a video format.
4. When it's in the timeline, right click on it > Edit > Speed
5. Adjust the speed to suit your needs.
6. Produce again to save the file.

Example:
Started with a slide show with less than 20 images (motion template). Produced it to a clip lasting 1:02:00 (1 minute 2 seconds)

Adjusting the speed gave me these results...
Original Clip Modifier Final Time
1:02:00 1.1 0:56:11
1.2 0:51:20
1.3 0:47:21
1.4 0:44:09
1.5 0:41:10 etc etc etc

and slowing it down...
1:02:00 0.95 1:05:09
0.90 1:08:27
0.85 1:12:29
0.80 1:17:16
0.75 1:22:21
0.70 1:28:18 etc etc etc

For my purposes, this works... but there's possibly a more accurate way of doing it.

Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
[Post New]
OOPS
Sorry about the scrambled table. I hope you can work it out. Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...