Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7 - Downloading Mess
Anix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2008 11:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
After researching for multiple months, I decided PowerDirector 7 was quite a mature product for my video editing needs and hence I purchased Power Director 7 Ultra on friday night via cyberlink website.

I was hoping I could download the full version instantly and do some editing on Friday night. But that was not the case.

OK - so I wait until saturday morning (today) and then click on the links in the email (I use firefox) - and the cyberlink site doesn't load up. So I play around with Internet Explorer - retry the links - it probably worked. (because I could download about 1% of 650MB).. but then I decide to restart my computer and start fresh...

Again - I go thru the email (using Firefox) - click on the link - and presto the link starts downloading - and I am a happy camper - the progress - it probably reached around 10+% - then something happens to my internet connection and then I had to restart my laptop.

Now - I start getting the 403 error. After some time I discover that since I might have tried downloading it more than 10 times - It is preventing me from downloading it again. I am told to contact DigitalRiver customer support - and I do that...
I also cut and paste the email I sent to Digital River and create a trouble ticket at Cyberlink customer support site...

NOW HOW LONG AM I EXPECTED TO WAIT? I Was hoping I can churn out some videos over the weekend?

Cyberlink and Digital River folks should know that it might take a few attempts to download the sofware (especially since it is 650+MBs). Perhaps they should break the software into 10 files - and make us download the 10 separately - But putting a limit on the number of tries on ONE HUGE FILE and not monitoring how much was truly downloaded is totally UN-ACCEPTABLE.

For those newbies - this information can help you prepare and be careful so you can avoid frustration which I am going through.

I am hoping Somebody from Customer Support is reading these posts and doing something about this MESSY DOWNLOAD PROCESS.

Can any of the power members help escalate this up the customer support chain? Any advise will be appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 23. 2008 01:12

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Anix,
The "mess" is really of your own making and the connection you have with your Internet Server Provider (ISP).

For security reasons a download link has been limited to prevent abuse.

Once you've sorted out your connection and you've contacted the download supplier you should be ok. Contact CyberLink Customer Support if the issue persists. http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

Dafydd
Linda B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 13:42 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I just had the same thing happen. I think it is a problem with digital river downloads. It stopped during each of two downloads (no rebooting). Was able to continue downloading until complete, but then the file was corrupt when extracted. Third and subsequent times got the message 403 forbidden from the server. No abuse - but also no help and no resolution. Have cancelled my order
Eddie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2008 12:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The same thing has happened to me, can not download forbidden 403 error, what a joke.