Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow - 3D issue
Cynthia [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Connecticut USA Joined: Mar 05, 2009 10:28 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]

Question to anyone out there who may have an answer

I can make a slideshow using any of the choices EXCEPT the 3D
When I click on 3D it sends up the 'Power Director has encountered an problem and needs to close"

Any problem solver out there who can shed some light on this?

cindy
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi cindy,

You need to check if it's a PD problem or a problem with one of the images you are using.

Try producing a test 3D slideshow just using the stock library images, perhaps using them several times - to make a longer show.

If PD works OK then it may be one of your images causing the issue. Unless one of them is visibly different it's probably a case of trial and error to find it.

If there is only one :-
I don't know how many images you have but the traditional way is to remove the 1st (or last) half of the slideshow slides and see if it works OK. If it does, the issue is in the slides removed. Load them in and repeat until you can isolate the problem image.

If there are more than one - it's a bigger problem. Probably adding them in one at a time .......

I hope you have less than 1000!

If its a PD problem then the usual advice is to uninstall and reinstall.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Cynthia [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Connecticut USA Joined: Mar 05, 2009 10:28 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Ah yes - I tried that and it's not an image issue because it will do
it with the stock jpgs that are in the PD library as well

I tried it on my laptop and it works -

so I defraged last night (the computer is almost empty but it did say it could benefit from defrag)

I will give it a shot again this afternoon

thanks
Linda B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 13:42 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Are you using a music track with this option that you aren't using with others that work? I found that if I have an unacceptable music file, it screws up the playing of the slideshow, even when I delete that music. I save the images prior to adding music, just to be sure. That way, I can reload the project, not redo it. Wouldn't be surprised if it is the same with an image. Seems like PD doesn't "reset" after removing something it doesn't like...Anyone have more data or can correct me if I'm wrong?

Cynthia [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks Linda - it was a good thought and I tried that too at the start

the music worked fine.....

I actually went in and make a few PIPs and whipped up something similar to the 3D thing

I needed the video to be done for a birthday so I had to get creative

when the next project comes - I will try again and see what the heck happens the next time
[Post New]
I'm glad you solved it Cynthia, because I just tried to replicate the problem... and failed.

I imported about 300 images (including some close ups of my grandson's birth - EEK!), made a 3D slideshow and it ran fine. I whacked in some completely inappropriate music and PD7 still dealt with it admirably.

Having failed, I trashed the thing. Births look silly floating around in little gold frames anyway. Tread gently and you'll hear the daisies grow...
Cynthia [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now there is something I never thought to put in gold frames: the birthing experience

thanks Tony -