Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rotoscoping?
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]

Now this is something I would like to learn how to do. I'm pretty sure that there is a lot more then PD involved.

If you have done any rotoscoping, what are the tools that you use?

Thanks,

Ray
Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2008 07:41 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ray,

Last time I had a go at rotoscoping I used Premiere to convert the video into a .flm file. I then imported the .flm file into Photoshop where you can draw on individual frames. A good understanding of Photoshop and Layers would be handy.
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Ray,

Last time I had a go at rotoscoping I used Premiere to convert the video into a .flm file. I then imported the .flm file into Photoshop where you can draw on individual frames. A good understanding of Photoshop and Layers would be handy.

Thanks for the response Mark. I don't have either Premiere or Photoshop. You're talking big bucks there!! I use Corel Paint Shop Pro for my graphic/paint needs.

I'll have to research a more economical way to do it....

Thanks again,

Ray