Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering to .wmv
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]

Rendering to .wmv, the quality is way down...

I have a video of a football game. All of the moving players have an outline
of...hard to describe...kind of like seeing heat rising off the hood of a car or seeing it down the road. Am I making sense?

Bottom line...the quality sucks.

Is there something I need to do to improve the quality rendering to .wmv? I rendered to DVD an it looks tons better....

I did not change any setting, I just defaulted everything when I chose the .wmv format.

Thanks,

Ray
[Post New]
Ray, we need to see a sample short clip showing what you describe.

Also what format are you working in? SD, HDV, AVCHD?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
As well as what Bif has written....

The wmv format uses a codec compression render and it is which template you selected that dictates the quality. The streaming prx (wmv) templates vary considerably. You also have higher settings with a wmv file.

The quality comparision between a dvd and wmv doesn't correlate as the variance is in the wmv while DVD have generally fixed maximum perimeters.

You need to provide selection information in PD7 and what video source (Bif has asked this) you are using.

Making and changing a WMV template for PD7 is featured in a short video here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page

Dafydd
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
If you are going to post on the internet, you may want to consider reconversion to FLV for longer videos.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2008 05:51

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I fixed the problem by choosing Windows Media Video 9 HD Quality...much better.

Although it took 40 secs to render a 6 second clip....
Maybe I need to experiment with the other .wmv render settings?

Ray