Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How would you do this?
Rayj2011 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 29, 2008 12:37 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]

I am creating videos for a football team (7-9 yrs old). I'm basically grabbing every play. There is no announcer for the games. The problem is keeping track of the game score if you are watching the video. I would rather not talk during the video as I do not like the sound of my voice.

So, what I would like to do is add text at the bottom of the video, kind of like what you see on FoxNews. I guess at first I would want the text to be static and still. I would have the quarter and score there.

Later, after I figure out what additionally I would put there, I would like the text to scroll right to left....

The current way I have the video is I video a play then I have a transition
(usually a fade) to the next play and so on. I don't know if this would be a hindrance or not.

Can this be done in PD7?

TIA,

Ray
[Post New]
What I would do is add a default title (click on the 'title' button down the top left of the screen then drag the 'default' title into the timeline. I find it easier to creat titles fresh from a blank title, but you may find another title that already has the font/colours etc you want). If using the default titlem change the text whatever the score is, then you could modify the animation (click on middle of the 3 buttons that are beneath the 'share' and 'save' buttons). Click on 'begin effect' and chose how you want the text to move. If you find that the transition is hindering the scrolling text then you just need to either move the title further down the timeline, and just play around with where all the clips begin in their tracks. Hope that helps!!