Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have noted an oddity from upgrading from DS 5 to 6 - though DS 5 is no longer listed in the 'Apps & Features' section of Windows 10, all its seperate parts are still available in the Windows start menu and appear to function as they should. If you select 'uninstall' then it takes you to the 'Apps & Features' section where it is not listed?

Looking in the Programs / Cyberlink folder on the C drive - both the new and previous versions of the individual parts of DS are listed

I would normally leave the old version in place for a bit but at some point uninstall to tidy up the system, which has worked fine in the past. (for example going from DS 4 to 5; DS 4 was still listed as a program that could be uninstalled)

Anyone else noticed this?
I have also seen this issue, with VitaScene 2 LE only (Adorage 2 works)

Asks for a license (which can't see is provided) and using in 'read only' mode gets a message saying export is restricted when you return to PD16

Be good to see a solution?
Most recent project which was burning as a Blu Ray disc - a compilation of lots of family holiday projects created over the years in Power Director - the burn process goes through fine & ends with the 'successful burn'; but when put into Blu Ray player (Samsung model) it reads it as a data disc & won't play any content.

• Have successfully burnt smaller Blu Ray projects before; using same disc media / same burner / same player

• This project is far larger - approx 22gb out of the 25gb available

• Have tried 2 different burn speeds (10 & 12)

• Put the same disc back into the computer and the individual video files can been seen / viewed, along with the menu screens (not as active menu screens but as individual menu 'clips'); so the data is there

• The individual project data seems to be randomly scattered on the disc - some in folders / some not

• See attached - both the visible .bdmv files are individual holiday projects; majority of the rest in the 'playlist' folder; lot of menus in the 'stream' folder

Would welcome any suggestions of what the issue may be?
Current 'final sale' on PD 15 ends on 7th September so maybe soon after that but they sometimes do final sales then extend the period!

General concensus seems to be sometime in September.
I experienced the same thing - believe the 'Bundle' edition on the Play store only had an activation code available for a couple of versions of PD (maybe only one?)

When I reset my tablet and tried to find the code in PD15 it was not available and the answer I got from the forum was that the activation code was no longer available unless you had the earlier version of PD still running - if had realised before I would have noted the activation code for future use!! I just assumed it would always be available to purchasers of PD, apparently not!

I just purchased the retail version from the Play store in the end to access all the features, don't think there was another solution.

(apart from re-installing the earlier version just to get the activation code - too much work when PD15 running quite nicely at the moment!)
Just a thought - previously when users have downloaded templates and installed OK it is usually something to do with the templates being 4 : 3 in a 16 : 9 project or vice versa; in which situation they won't show up in the project.

May be worth checking that the templates match your project?
I keep an eye on this site; mixture of reviews & tips about upcoming hardware; the writer generally seems to be quite well informed

http://360rumors.blogspot.co.uk/

Personally I am looking with interest at this one; due for release soon

http://360rumors.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/ces-2017-why-kodak-orbit360-4k-could-be.html
Hi David

Thanks for the reply;

I had PD14 as part of Director Suite 4 (which was an upgrade from DS3) I have now upgraded to Director Suite 5

Should the Director Suite include the bundle version activation code?

Thanks

Ed
In PD 14 there was an activation code for the 'bundle version' of the Android app, this has now disappeared in PD15.

Having still got PD14 installed on my PC (the upgrade process appears not to have removed it and I have left it alone because of the potential lost of the add ons from previous versions) I have tried to access the code there and get a pop up as attached image (a no response from server......) Possibly because it is no longer valid as PD15 is now recognised by the Cyberlink servers?

The bundle version is still available on Google Play and I have it working fine on my tablet; just not convinced I can re-activate it in the the event have to do a system wipe etc on the tablet.

Also version on my phone is not activated and not an option to activate it when reload onto new phone, which is approaching soon.

Only option therefore seems to be, to get the paid for version?

As the Android version improves with added features, more likely to use it more.

Anyone have any knowledge of how the activation for bundle versions work now; or are Cyberlink not following this process now, perhaps was only PD14?
Put the video clip you want as the background on the main track, then put the video clip you want to have in the corner on the track below; it will temporaily overlay the other video, just resize it to your requirements / move its postion to where you want.

More overlay videos can be added on the tracks below if required.
Hi Brian

Thanks for the reply; how do you find the video quality of the Theta?

My camera that I use generally (Canon SX60HS) for both video and stills; produces 1080p @ either 30fps or 60fps; ideally in a 360 camera would like to find something that visually gave a similar quality appearance.

The Theta records at the same quality @ 30fps but I understand that by the time the footage is stretched may look somewhat less clear?

Have downloaded some test footage from the Ricoh site, see how it looks in PD,

Interested to hear a real user opinion; assuming you are then going onto edit in PD15?

Many thanks

Ed
Yes, does appear at the moment that most options have a disadvantage that may reduce their appeal!

Most articles / reviews indicate that to get equivilent of 1080p video quality; 360 camera needs to be capable of 4k video quality, (because the image is 'stretched' round the sphere) which does cut down the affordable options.

Samsung Gear 360 gets good quality reviews; and records at near 4k quality, though its dependence on the more recent model Samsung phones (S6 / S7) is the limiting factor; there are rumors of a 'pro' version coming out in early 2017; so maybe something to watch out for! Also it may make the original model very appealing on price!
Does anyone have any experiences / opinions on the various 360 cameras available?

Something that I am interested in adding to my equipment now the editing option is available, especially with the abilty to use within a 2d video.

Been looking at the LG 360 (partly because in the various reviews it gets reasonable ratings whilst not being that expensive, making a good introduction to 360 video)

Interested in other options that won't break the bank!

Good and bad experiences with the various options available / resulting footage edited in PD15?
Excellent, many thanks Tony & Dafydd! Worked straight away
I had a number of custom profiles set up in PD14; PD15 currently shows no custom profiles; is there an easy way to import them - I believe there is a file called 'profile.ini' which may contain this information but I don't know where that is located; once located is it just a simple case of copying it into the equivilent location in PD15?

Any help appreciated!
I am in the process of major file archive / project packing etc and have come across a strange muddle up

Projects major content is video files that come from Mini DV cassette, professionally transfered number of years ago to mpg (wedding video) so they all have file format for example VTS_01_1.mpg etc

All edited and produced fine at the time, however now the VTS files appear to be muddled up, project contains

VTS_01_1.mpg / 01_2.mpg / 02_1.mpg

The file 01_1 & 01_2.mpg are in the main track, content of 02_1.mpg is used in track 2 as overlay (it was the mobile camera), the first 28 approx edits / overlays are all using 01_2.mpg as their content (so overlaying parts of same file over parts of same file, wrong file and in wrong postion) Gets to overlay approx 29 and is back in correct sequence, using 02_1.mpg as source

Looks like PD has muddled the file names up? The correct video file is there, just not being referenced correctly.

Can this be corrected / files pointed in right direction / manually edit a copy of the pds file to point it in the right direction?

(as my file structure had become slightly messed up while changing OS drive, I had to point PD in the right direction for each file, but files chosen are correct, just what PD does with them is messed up)

Any help appreciated, can manually re-edit if necessary but as luck would have it fair bit of lip syncing etc involved (singing during the service etc) so ideally if can avoid would rather!
At second attempt - Carls option does work - had to change the location of the 'roaming' folder as this moves successfully - the cyberlink folder does not give (as far as I could see) the same option to move the location, which the 'roaming' folder does. Believe the cyberlink folder move option only moved the contents rather than the file path.

So have had to move the contents of all the other 'roaming' data, but hopefully won't impact on the working of anything else.

Overall am trying to move any variable data onto my Data drive as this is then in turn backed up onto the NAS automatically, so should never be totally lost again.

Is anyone aware of any other folders / locations that PD puts information that might be critical to editing a project in the future?
Believe am trying the achieve the same thing.

Ideally want to move the 'phototmp' folder from the C drive (appdata / roaming / cyberlink / powerdirector / 14 / phototmp) to a location on my D drive

Tried both the above methods

Opt 1 - it just recreated the folders in the original location (I only tried moving the cyberlink folder, not the rest of the appdata)

Opt 2 - moved lot of other temp folder content but not the cyberlink content, still went to the old location

(Reason for above is having just split the OS from Data onto two physical discs (rather than two partitions) found have lost any photo adjustment edits within PD which were held in these folders, so have had to do a bit of re-creating / re-editing)

For some reason I had thought they were contained within the Data drive so would not be lost with an OS wipe / clean install, which I had to do.

Could anyone advise further on the above?

(I am aware that the 'pack project' option avoids issues with missing project assets, have fallen out of the habit of doing this recently, leaving me with the above issue, will start doing it from now on but given that the only thing I appear to be missing is 'fixed' photos I thought a bit of 'belts and braces' would not do any harm!)
Many thanks for all your help & input on this; have really appreciated the time you have put in to help resolve the issues so quickly,

Enjoy the holiday season!

Ed
Hi Optodata

Have just done the full PC reset (went for the option that was the most comphensive) and the error messages have certainly disappeared; which is great (in both programmes) Many thanks for your advice

Will reload all my normal programmes and see if anything being loaded causes a problem

Text deleted - resolved minor issue myself

I attach a DXDiag from immediately after the full reset; there does appear to be some errors still listed at the end?

The Windows installer just offered me the option to log into my Windows account, which I did (rather than a new user account?) The only part of your process I missed out on was the custom (Advanced) install; was reading on my phone rather than computer and did not see that bit, so was an express install.

The odd little drives on the HDD are the left over from when this was the system & data drive - I had not wanted to wipe them out until I was happy that the new SSD was functioning correctly. (in case I had to clone instead of fresh install or recover files etc that I had forgotten to save on the data drive) (Think H was system reserved and I was the OS)
Hi Optodata

Thanks for your comprehensive reply, I would certainly like to resolve the underlying issue,

1) Tried the sfc / scannow - no errors reported by that

2) OS Build 10586.29 with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116900)

3) Tried the Reset PC Tool; it was rather more drastic than I expected (most software will have to be re-installed) Having re-installed Director Suite 4; unfortunately the original issue is still there.

I have attached a DXDiag which I took BEFORE then another AFTER the reset.

Both show errors at the bottom, beyond my knowledge as to if they are significant or not.

I have currently only installed the basic Director Suite in case there is an issue with the basic Windows install which needs resolving

(my installation media for the SSD installation was downloaded / created when I did the Windows 10 upgrade, then saved onto a DVD; the reset procedure did not require the use of it)

When I first installed the SSD last week, PhotoDirector did not run at all for a bit, then sorted itself out (issue been reported by various users on the PhotoDirector forum, this issue has not re-appeared)

I will also submit query to technical support
Go to: