Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please help....Trouble with PowerDirector 15 Templates....
Stormchaser [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Iowa Joined: Jun 18, 2017 09:41 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, here is my situation.

I have PD loaded and running on my interal data drive, NOT my main HD with the operating system. PD seems to run just fine with one exception. Every Template that I download, seems to download and install just fine, but the templates NEVER show up in my media center or anywhere else. I am doing a wedding video and I am at my wits end. ANY help would be so appreciated.cry

Thanks!!!
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Just a thought - previously when users have downloaded templates and installed OK it is usually something to do with the templates being 4 : 3 in a 16 : 9 project or vice versa; in which situation they won't show up in the project.

May be worth checking that the templates match your project? Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
Stormchaser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Ed!!!! I will check these out!!!

Have a GREAT rest of your Sunday!!
Stormchaser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi again Ed (and community),

Well, My machine specs out just fine, and I tried changing the format, but no go. Any other thoughts??

Much appreciated!

John
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Every Template that I download, seems to download and install just fine, but the templates NEVER show up in my media center or anywhere else.

Open the media room for the type of templates first. Click on Downloaded. You should see it.
Stormchaser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi there Tom,

I tried that and it is blank. cry
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John -

I'm not sure whether it may be anythng to do with the fact that PDR is installed on your "internal data drive", and nor am I suggesting it is.

The first thing I'd check is the standard file paths assigned to DZ template installations... if you look in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink you'll find a number of sub-folders name "Downloaded xxxxxxxx". Are those folders populated?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Stormchaser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony! :

Thank you for your help!

I see 7 folders that have the word Download as part of the name, and one that says Power Direct. Of the folders that have the word Download in the name, 3 of the folders contain items.

I don't see the wedding tempate listed in any of those 3 folders, and that is the only thing I have attempted to download since I upgraded to PowerDirector 15.

Cheers back!!

John
Stormchaser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi again,

Well, it does appear that the problem was me trying to install PD on the data drive. Is it a big deal to unistall it from the datas drive and install it on the C drive? Can I just copy the folder from the D drive to the C drive? Ugh...I wish I had just done it the way I did it with the previous versions.

Thanks....
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
John -

If you've detrmined that that is the problem, uninstalling and reinstalling shouldn't be too much of a hassle. I'd use a dedicated uninstaller like Revo, to remove registry entries, but some forum members would disagree.

Definitely don't try copying folders - too prone to error & messed up installation (if at all).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Stormchaser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks so much Tony!! smile
Stormchaser [Avatar]
[Post New]
UGH!!!! Well, I COMPLETELY removed PD from my system and reinstalled it onto the system (C) drive. Ran all the updates and tried downloading the templates again. Still...none will show up uder the dowloaded area (or anywhere else). I am so frustrated...and other ideas friends? cry

Thanks!