Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector Video Editor App (Bundle Version) - Activation
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
In PD 14 there was an activation code for the 'bundle version' of the Android app, this has now disappeared in PD15.

Having still got PD14 installed on my PC (the upgrade process appears not to have removed it and I have left it alone because of the potential lost of the add ons from previous versions) I have tried to access the code there and get a pop up as attached image (a no response from server......) Possibly because it is no longer valid as PD15 is now recognised by the Cyberlink servers?

The bundle version is still available on Google Play and I have it working fine on my tablet; just not convinced I can re-activate it in the the event have to do a system wipe etc on the tablet.

Also version on my phone is not activated and not an option to activate it when reload onto new phone, which is approaching soon.

Only option therefore seems to be, to get the paid for version?

As the Android version improves with added features, more likely to use it more.

Anyone have any knowledge of how the activation for bundle versions work now; or are Cyberlink not following this process now, perhaps was only PD14?
[Thumb - 2016-11-09.png]
 Filename
2016-11-09.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
898 time(s)
Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ed,

Did you get PowerDirector 14 as part of Media Suite 14, and then upgraded PowerDirector to version 15?

The bundle version code is only included with Media Suite now, so that might be the issue you are facing.

David
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Hi David

Thanks for the reply;

I had PD14 as part of Director Suite 4 (which was an upgrade from DS3) I have now upgraded to Director Suite 5

Should the Director Suite include the bundle version activation code?

Thanks

Ed Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi David

Thanks for the reply;

I had PD14 as part of Director Suite 4 (which was an upgrade from DS3) I have now upgraded to Director Suite 5

Should the Director Suite include the bundle version activation code?

Thanks

Ed
If you bought a downloaded version (not the box), you should have an email that included links to download and the Product Key for the entire suite.

You only need the one key. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.