Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Project with 'muddled up' content
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
I am in the process of major file archive / project packing etc and have come across a strange muddle up

Projects major content is video files that come from Mini DV cassette, professionally transfered number of years ago to mpg (wedding video) so they all have file format for example VTS_01_1.mpg etc

All edited and produced fine at the time, however now the VTS files appear to be muddled up, project contains

VTS_01_1.mpg / 01_2.mpg / 02_1.mpg

The file 01_1 & 01_2.mpg are in the main track, content of 02_1.mpg is used in track 2 as overlay (it was the mobile camera), the first 28 approx edits / overlays are all using 01_2.mpg as their content (so overlaying parts of same file over parts of same file, wrong file and in wrong postion) Gets to overlay approx 29 and is back in correct sequence, using 02_1.mpg as source

Looks like PD has muddled the file names up? The correct video file is there, just not being referenced correctly.

Can this be corrected / files pointed in right direction / manually edit a copy of the pds file to point it in the right direction?

(as my file structure had become slightly messed up while changing OS drive, I had to point PD in the right direction for each file, but files chosen are correct, just what PD does with them is messed up)

Any help appreciated, can manually re-edit if necessary but as luck would have it fair bit of lip syncing etc involved (singing during the service etc) so ideally if can avoid would rather!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2016 18:07

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)