Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi,

Thanks to all the above contributors for their help.

I have just got a reply back from the Support Team who have kindly provided me with download links for all the previously purchased software.

I am a happy bunny again!

I hope things go well, but things you should be aware of.
Your original HDD must not have the letter C: other wise when you install software to the refurbished machines drive, the installer may put files on both drives.
You cannot clone a drive taken from one machine to a drive on a different machine, it probable won't work correctly.
You can only successfully clone drives on the same machine.
Gday Luke.
A little more info would be helpful.
Size of the refurbished machines HDD?
Size of your original HDD?
Which drive are you booting from.

Have you made any backups of your Data?
Quote Is there a way to see/preview the entire title card while I am editing it? The problem is that I chose a preset title which h as three layers (2 text, one image) that all cluster/layer together, and am I am editing a floating text box I want to line up with the background image in the title, and because I cannot see the image while I am moving around the text box, I have to keep going in and out of the edit screen to see if I moved it to the right place. I am really, really hoping I am missing something and I don't have to just practice guesswork and trial by error to get things lined up.

Gday and welcome.

Let us know if this video is of help, >hhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doUP-qIOpHcttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doUP-qIOpHc
Quote The function that you are looking for is to "Produce Range" where you first highlight a section of your timeline and then right click the selection and create a new clip of that section. It's automatically saved to your media room and can be used/re-used as you need. A search of the forum for "Produce Range" will give you all the info you might need.

Exacly what I was looking for, thanks Longedge.
Thanks Dave.
I want to save the part I cut out,, not discard it. It will be used later in the timeline, or in another project.
Gday.
Using PD16.
How can I cut about 7 seconds from a clip and save the cut section for later use in the timeline, and in another later project.

Thanks.
Quote Unfortunately, no.

Thanks for the reply. Might put it on the wish list.
Gday All.
I have somewhat limited eyesight and find the main PowerDirector interface very dark. are there any alternative skins? Or is it possible to alter the background colour making it lighter?

Thanks.
Quote Dont by this *** software, waste of money.
Have used it sometime and my rage is boiled over.

If you have take some videos of your familly on holidays and want to edit in director for make video files and add some thumbnails for better sorting..Not possible, you have to use the DVD menu. Rellay..

Waste of money..

I also am a biginner with PD16 but knew, it being a near Pro software package, I would not be able to click willy nilly here and there and produce a video. Working through verious tutorials, My master piece is coming along fine.

If you can't be bothered to put in some effort and learn how to use the software, try using a Windows type Movie Maker.

Pack Project Materials, I use it when I finish a project and I will save it or take it to another PC.
Doing this implies copying everything that is present on the PD timeline, this will use large space on the HD disk.

Got it. Thank you.

The way I do it first, create a folder to work, copy or drag all the files that I will use in the project, videos, photos etc ... into this one.
When starting the project in PD, save the project, inside the same folder.
All in a folder that can contain subfolders, to better organize.

In my case I do not use the Export Folder folder.
Temporary files created from the timeline, for example audio enhanced in AudioDirector goes to Export Folder.
These temporary files are deleted after 30 days, it is the default but can be modified in preferences.

If you lost a temporary file you must use the original file to replace this one in the timeline.

Gday.
Will using the, Pack Project Materials, save the folder you created, including the temporary files?
Quote It depends on what you want to deinstall.
If is is only the effects, then no, it will not affect the functionality of PowerDirector, but the effects are missing so the full functionality of video editing is affected.
With the bunde you get some of the effects, that are not trialware. I don't think, that you can deinstall the trialware effects and let the others stay. I have deactivated the trialware manually. They are in a path under
c:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin\

It is dangerous to do that. Be warned. Don't blame anybody, if your program does not work as expected.

Hatti

Thanks for the reply Hatti.
I will learn to use the program for a while before I make any alterations.
Gday.
Just installed Director Suite 6 and see, also installed, True Blue and other trial software.
Can I uninstall said software? If I do uninstall, will it effect the functionality of Power Director?

Thanks.
Quote No, not a week. Just a few minutes.
Have a look for "junction" in the googling machine of your choice.
With that little help, I "rerounded" the directories to a better place.

Hatti

Thanks for the info, will keep it in mind.
Gday.
Just purchased PowerDirector6, so a beginner.
I will see if it is possible to move the Project directory to a RAId 0.
May take me a few weeks to get going.
Go to: