Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trial software.
iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Gday.
Just installed Director Suite 6 and see, also installed, True Blue and other trial software.
Can I uninstall said software? If I do uninstall, will it effect the functionality of Power Director?

Thanks. iammykyl
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
It depends on what you want to deinstall.
If is is only the effects, then no, it will not affect the functionality of PowerDirector, but the effects are missing so the full functionality of video editing is affected.
With the bunde you get some of the effects, that are not trialware. I don't think, that you can deinstall the trialware effects and let the others stay. I have deactivated the trialware manually. They are in a path under
c:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin\

It is dangerous to do that. Be warned. Don't blame anybody, if your program does not work as expected.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It depends on what you want to deinstall.
If is is only the effects, then no, it will not affect the functionality of PowerDirector, but the effects are missing so the full functionality of video editing is affected.
With the bunde you get some of the effects, that are not trialware. I don't think, that you can deinstall the trialware effects and let the others stay. I have deactivated the trialware manually. They are in a path under
c:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin\

It is dangerous to do that. Be warned. Don't blame anybody, if your program does not work as expected.

Hatti

Thanks for the reply Hatti.
I will learn to use the program for a while before I make any alterations. iammykyl