Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 cannot find (data) files when opening
goco15 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2018 09:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
While creating a video over the course of several weeks, the JPGs, MP3s, MP4s, etc that I have been using sometimes get moved to a different folder. Then when I open the .pds file I will get a "Cyberlink powerdirector cannot open this media file because it was moved or is missing" message for every file (sometimes there are alot) the PD cannot find.

Is there an easy way to move every file that PD is looking for into one main folder then tell PD where to look (a folder designation/destination) for ALL the files for a particular .pds rather than me "browsing" for each file it cannot find?

Thanks,
Greg
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote While creating a video over the course of several weeks, the JPGs, MP3s, MP4s, etc that I have been using sometimes get moved to a different folder. Then when I open the .pds file I will get a "Cyberlink powerdirector cannot open this media file because it was moved or is missing" message for every file (sometimes there are alot) the PD cannot find.

Is there an easy way to move every file that PD is looking for into one main folder then tell PD where to look (a folder designation/destination) for ALL the files for a particular .pds rather than me "browsing" for each file it cannot find?

Thanks,
Greg

The way I do it first, create a folder to work, copy or drag all the files that I will use in the project, videos, photos etc ... into this one.
When starting the project in PD, save the project, inside the same folder.
All in a folder that can contain subfolders, to better organize.

In my case I do not use the Export Folder folder.
Temporary files created from the timeline, for example audio enhanced in AudioDirector goes to Export Folder.
These temporary files are deleted after 30 days, it is the default but can be modified in preferences.

If you lost a temporary file you must use the original file to replace this one in the timeline.
iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]

The way I do it first, create a folder to work, copy or drag all the files that I will use in the project, videos, photos etc ... into this one.
When starting the project in PD, save the project, inside the same folder.
All in a folder that can contain subfolders, to better organize.

In my case I do not use the Export Folder folder.
Temporary files created from the timeline, for example audio enhanced in AudioDirector goes to Export Folder.
These temporary files are deleted after 30 days, it is the default but can be modified in preferences.

If you lost a temporary file you must use the original file to replace this one in the timeline.

Gday.
Will using the, Pack Project Materials, save the folder you created, including the temporary files?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2018 18:25

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

Gday.
Will using the, Pack Project Materials, save the folder you created, including the temporary files?

Pack Project Materials, I use it when I finish a project and I will save it or take it to another PC.
Doing this implies copying everything that is present on the PD timeline, this will use large space on the HD disk.
iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]

Pack Project Materials, I use it when I finish a project and I will save it or take it to another PC.
Doing this implies copying everything that is present on the PD timeline, this will use large space on the HD disk.

Got it. Thank you.