Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Setting the Duration of a Slide Show isn't responding.
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all:
I've just bought PD 18 and am trying to do up a slide show. I've gotten the pics & music clip onto the Timeline. The default duration for the pictures is 5 sec in Preferences. I re-set it to 4 BUT the duration during playback is still 5 sec.
Is there another way of setting it.
BTW, another thing. Is it possible to use "Slide show creator" and not have to get stuck with any of those canned transitions.
I got to that point and when I tried to bypass that, the app didn't work.

Thanks for replies

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 29. 2020 14:00

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all:
I've just bought PD 18 and am trying to do up a slide show. I've gotten the pics & music clip onto the Timeline. The default duration for the pictures is 5 sec in Preferences. I re-set it to 4 BUT the duration during playback is still 5 sec. BTW, another thing. Is it possible to use "Slide show creator" and not have to get stuck with any of those canned transitions.
I got to that point and when I tried to bypass that, the app didn't work.
Thanks for replies

The default duration in the preferences is used at loading time only, loading into the timeline that is. If you change the duration after loading it will not have effect on the duration already set in the timeline. The duration setting in the preference has no influence on the duration in slide shows. The slide show duration is determined by the slideshow template, the music used and the number of images. You can however change the duration (per image) in customize.
The transitions are fixed into the template and cannot be changed.