Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to move all clips at the same time
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All:
I'd like to find out how to move ALL the clips on the Timeline at the same time. I know how to move the clips individually, but need to do them ALL together so I can insert something at the beginning of the project..

Thanks for replies
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All:
I'd like to find out how to move ALL the clips on the Timeline at the same time. I know how to move the clips individually, but need to do them ALL together so I can insert something at the beginning of the project..

Thanks for replies

CTRL Click each one and then move OR SHIFT and then click the end and move it then PowerDirector Tutorials Team
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]

CTRL Click each one and then move OR SHIFT and then click the end and move it then

Hold down your left mouse button on an empty track on the timeline and then move your cursor. You will see a box start to emerge. Every clip that that box touches will be selected. You can then move all of those selected clips at the same time.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you have a big project you might not be able to see all the clips on all tracks at the same time, and by far the easiest way to move all clips at once is to type Ctrl+A (select all), then click on the selected mass then drag and drop to the right.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°