Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to save a cut out section of a clip
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all:

I've got a clip on the Timeline and have cut a section of it out and have dragged that down to the 2nd row to get it out of the way of the main video.
What I want to do it save the cut out section as I'll use it for something else. But when I try to produce, it includes the cut out clip.
So, what I guess I have to do is to copy & send that section to another folder OUT of PD before prodcing.
But I nothing I've tried has worked.

Thanks for replies
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all:
I've got a clip on the Timeline and have cut a section of it out and have dragged that down to the 2nd row to get it out of the way of the main video.
What I want to do it save the cut out section as I'll use it for something else. But when I try to produce, it includes the cut out clip.
So, what I guess I have to do is to copy & send that section to another folder OUT of PD before prodcing.
But I nothing I've tried has worked.

Thanks for replies

The easiest thing that you can do now is to uncheck the track 2 video and audio checkboxes on the left side of the timeline and then produce your video.

You have to select and do a range produce on the portion of the clip that you cut and want to save for another project.

You may want use the precut feature in PD18 to do this the next time as you gain editing experience
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply and it worked just fine.

M