Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to change the time duration of still photos?
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all:

I'm doing a project where I need to extend the time of 2 still pictures to around 1 minute each. A still, then a video clip and then another still at the end.
Now, I know this can be done by going through Preferences>Edit, etc, but doing it that way is cumbetsome. Is there another way to do this where the still pics can be selected and then the duration changed.

Thanks for replies

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 04. 2020 09:44

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe a couple of ways would meet your needs:
1) right click on clip, Set Clip Attributes > Set Duration...
2) highlight the clip, hold "Ctrl" key and move mouse towards the clip edge, a double arrow will appear, left mouse click and drag to extend. A menu will appear when mouse release on how to handle extension

Jeff
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
You could just place the clip on the timeline and grab the end and drag it to the desired length. Or click on the clock on the toolbar and change the duration there.

Changing in the settings would be useful if every image you were going to add were that length.
Calhoun [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff, it worked just fine.
Calhoun [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Phil, that worked as well.