Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installing Upgrade question
[Post New]
Should I uninstall the old version first? OR will the installer do that for me?

Thanks ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
My experience is, that the installation of PD17 does leave the PD16 installation alone. NO automatic uninstall, and after installation PD17 and PD16 work fine, but not at the same time.
When installing Content Packages, the installer will notice that a pack has already been installed (previous PD version likely), and directs to cancel or uninstall before installation. So far I have not noticed any difference either way.

Warry
[Post New]
Quote My experience is, that the installation of PD17 does leave the PD16 installation alone. NO automatic uninstall, and after installation PD17 and PD16 work fine, but not at the same time.
When installing Content Packages, the installer will notice that a pack has already been installed (previous PD version likely), and directs to cancel or uninstall before installation. So far I have not noticed any difference either way.

Warry

Hey, thanks for the reply.My preference is to uninstall the old version first, BUT I know that sometimes with Cyberlink upgrade items you might have to have the old version installed and registered before being able to install the new.

Not sure is that’s the issue here or not.

I’ll give it a try with PD165 installed and see what happens, I NEED to get some videos done for some demonstrations so as long as one version works I’ll be ok.

Thanks man