Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrading to PD17 Premium Packs etc
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi if I'm upgrading from PD16, are the various premium packs new or the same as previous. Do they need to be downloaded and installed or can I use previous?

Thanks
philwizzer
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I would recommend to download them all, should you need them in future e.g. for reinstallations.

If you execute the packs I have found that if you have PD16 and did not uninstall it, you are prompted that the pack already execists and do youwant to uninstall before installation. I have not discovered any change in the packs between 16 and 17.

The NewBlue Paint Effects and the Essentials VII appear to require a licence key. They (still) work in PD16. They are not part of the PD17 ultimate package.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2018 15:39

MICTAR
Member Location: Paris ( France ) Joined: Oct 03, 2012 13:41 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would recommend to download them all, should you need them in future e.g. for reinstallations.

If you execute the packs I have found that if you have PD16 and did not uninstall it, you are prompted that the pack already execists and do youwant to uninstall before installation. I have not discovered any change in the packs between 16 and 17.

The NewBlue Paint Effects and the Essentials VII appear to require a licence key. They (still) work in PD16. They are not part of the PD17 ultimate package.

I think you need to re unstall Essentials VII after the PD 17 installation . It is the same thing last year after the unstallation of PD 15 to PD 16
[Post New]

I think you need to re unstall Essentials VII after the PD 17 installation . It is the same thing last year after the unstallation of PD 15 to PD 16

I wonder, if I uninstall 16, then install 17 upgrade, how do I get the NewBlueFx that are in 16 now back into 17? what would the exact uninstall/reinstall sequence be?

thanks