Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow Creator question
[Post New]
Hey y'all, when using slide show creator, or Photodirector 15 to make a slideshow, how do I slow down the speed of the pictures?

I want to use the "Normal" theme but I dont see any options allowing me to slow down the speed the photos are displayed.

thanks

RC ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hey y'all, when using slide show creator, or Photodirector 15 to make a slideshow, how do I slow down the speed of the pictures?

I want to use the "Normal" theme but I dont see any options allowing me to slow down the speed the photos are displayed.

thanks

RC

That option sadly is not included. You need to emulate the slideshow on the timeline, a much slower process. Win 10, i7
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what emulate means here, but if it means creating the slideshow, rendering it, and then bringing that new file into the timeline to apply slow speed to it, then I agree. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rob -

HDedit & Barry have given the only two alternatives. There's no way of controlling slideshow timing within PDR's Slideshow module.

Actually, to "emulate" or "replicate" what PDR does with the Normal slideshow template... it's quicker to do it manually!

36 photos in timeline:

1. Select all - click Slideshow - click Normal - Next - Advanced editing = ~23 secs

2. Go to Transitions - select "Apply Random Transition to All" = ~13 secs

... and that's all the Normal template does! Apply random transitions. Doing it manually not only allows the user to dictate timing, but also the transitions used (using favorites).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Rob -

HDedit & Barry have given the only two alternatives. There's no way of controlling slideshow timing within PDR's Slideshow module.

Actually, to "emulate" or "replicate" what PDR does with the Normal slideshow template... it's quicker to do it manually!

36 photos in timeline:

1. Select all - click Slideshow - click Normal - Next - Advanced editing = ~23 secs

2. Go to Transitions - select "Apply Random Transition to All" = ~13 secs

... and that's all the Normal template does! Apply random transitions. Doing it manually not only allows the user to dictate timing, but also the transitions used (using favorites).

Cheers - Tony

hey thanks y'all! thank you very much. I think I have enough information now to get this done.

this shoud do it!! ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU