Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hey y'all, hope evryone is having a Happy New year.

I just got P2G 11 and was converting audio to .mp3 from some YouTube videos I have and for some reason P2G just stopped converting the audio.

I did like 7 and they worked fine, then all of the sudden on #8 it just sits there and does nothing until I click cancel. It starts to create the mp3 but then just stops. I also tried several other vids and ther same thing occurs.

And NO it's not protect content, Youtube does not allow "protect content".

The strange thing is I used VLC to convert the rest of the videos I wanted audio from and it did it without a hitch. So there is nothing wrong with the video files themselves.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This is all it says about converting audio in the users guide.

Converting Audio Files

Use the Audio Converter utility to convert existing audio into one of these audiofile formats: APE*, FLAC*, M4A* (AAC), MP3, WAV, or WMA. You can also outputaudio files with a different quality or extract audio from video clips.

Note: * this feature is not available in some versions of CyberLinkPower2Go.

To convert audio files, do this:

1. In the new task window, select the Media Converter option and then AudioConverter.

2. 2. Click and then select the files you want to convert. Click Open to addthem into the Audio Converter window.

3. 3. Click the button and then select the location where you want to savethe converted audio files.

4. 4. In the Settings section, set the Format and Quality of the converted files fromthe drop-downs.

5. 5. Click Go to convert the audio files and save the files to your computer.

Yeah I can't find any way of doing it short of using TV mode. I like the normal media manager mode better, but when I watch my DVD's or iso's I just go into TV mode and use that.

I really wish that MS had not dropped media center, it worked for ALL of my DVD's, iso's AND my Hauppauge TV card.
It is possible, as I said I will test any new updates to GFE and that theory of shadow play being the main culprit on the next driver release.

I have recorder working now and I will need it for awhile, keepings things the way they are at this time.

It does make sense though, I think it's highly possible.
NOTE: I DID have Shadowplay enabled in GFE!! I just remembered that.

I should have tried turning that off first!! Bahh...oh well.
All removed apps have been reinstalled (except for GFE) and I can report it still works without issue.

I'll reinstall GFE on the next WHQL driver and test it again, but for now I need the
recorder working. I would say that it's more NVIDIA's issue than Cyberlinks. I
have had issues with GFE in the past with some games, but NVIDIA patches
it pretty regular, they are pretty good about that.

Thanks again for all the attention.
AHHHH!! Dan found it!!

It was IN FACT the GeForce Experience!! I was uninstalling one app after another to find the culprit, rebooting and testing each time, and the second I removed the GFE the problem is gone!!

So it IS an NVIDIA issue, I will report it right away.

Thanks again y'all, this community is just another great reason I switched to Cyberlink!!

Now I can make my video!!

PS: It might have somthing to do with the NV Streaming service?? I will report it to NVIDIA and let them figure it out!!

PS: GO BUCS!!
Well then I am completely stumped, I can uninstall GFE and
try that as I never use it for anything other than updating the drivers.

I already tried:

Uninstalling my Corsair mouse driver

Changing dpi settings and Report rate settings

Turning off hardware video encoder

Using OBS recorder, (it’s a little different as the mouse
moves slightly faster BUT Edge still is unresponsive and crashes)

I posted and MS Tech Net and at the OBS forums.

Tried turning off the Mouse clicks setting

I guess I’ll try turning off my NOD32 AV, Malwarebytes and GFE
and see is that makes any difference.

Also, I’m going to make a recording from a quality cell
phone today, so y’all can kinda see what’s going on. At this point I am
completely stuck but maybe if someone see’s the issue first hand they might
have an idea on what it could be.

Thanks for the suggestions and help, I do appreciate your
time.

PS: Does anyone know of any security settings for a mouse pointer? lol
That is confusing, my mouse would chug over that browser at a snails pace until the browser just closes.

What on earth could be going on here?

I have asked the question over at the MS TechNet forums, if you don't mind trying to help out could I ask you questions to try and sort this out?

We are using the same exact version of windows and Edge, so that narrows it down.

Do you have a Nvidia video card? If so what driver are you using? (I'm using the 372.90 with everything but the 3D stuff)

What settings do you use in Recorder? Anything special?

I appreciate you trying to help out man, I would post a video showing my issue but the mouse in the saved video only goes to the edge of the browser and stops, what I see doesn't match the video. I could try to record it with my wife's I Pad?? I'll see if that works.

thanks again for any help man.
Well I have somewhat of an update,

I really needed to use screen cap tonight so I went to OBS and downloaded the freeware there, it turns out that OBS has the SAME exact issue.

The only thing I could find about issues with screen recording and Windows 10 was this, posted today:

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/psa-for-windows-10-anniversary-update-users.55256/

It appears that the windows Anniversary update and/or subsequent updates since have broken a lot of things with web cams and screen capture.

I have no idea if this is what's causing my exact problem, but it sure looks like it is. I've never had this issue before.
I just found out that it's not just the Edge Browser but also the volume control (system tray), any right click menu from any app in the taskbar and the Action Center as well.

It seems that wherever windows 10 uses a smart screen filter the mouse will not operate properly.

I tried turning off hardware video encoder and the mouse clicks function and locking the resoultion, none of that makes a difference.

Desktop, menu bar (itself), IE, Start 10 Menu, windows explorer all seem to be ok.
Hey y'all,

I was doing abit of screen recording with SR 15 and when I brought up my Edge browser and try to move the mouse over it it just becomes unresponsive and after awhile Edge just closes.

Is the SR 15 just not working with Edge or is there a setting I might change to get to work with it?

Yeah I could use Explorer but Edge is just so much better.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Cyberlink PD 15 Suite

ASUS Sabertooth Z87 BIOS 2103 ; i7 4790k ; 16Gig 2133 ; SoundBlaster Zx ; EVGA GTX980 SC ; Win 10 pro 64
Quote: If you want to use the Cinema Mode, the OSD disappears in both full screen and partial screen mode if you move the cursor off to the side.

Cinema mode/TV mode? I will give that a look, thanks.
Quote: What movie is that?

Its a movie called Clown....don't watch it lol
Here is a full screen shot, notice the controls auto-hide when the mouse is off the picture:
Hey Hicham sorry it took me so long to get back, I have a ton of stuff going on around me right now.

Anyways to show what I'm talking about, this scereenshot shows a "window mode" cap of the PowewrDVD: (see attachment)

You wil notice all of the osd settings and options are showing, BUT in fullscreen they auto-hide. In the settings I have the "Show OSD" box unchecked.

Is there any way to make the program auto hide the controls whn in a small or "not" full screen mode?

and thanks for any help man.
Hey great, thanks for the input sumer.

RC
...at the same time?

I already have P2G 9 and just received a version of P2G 10 Ultra packaged with a new piece of software, I like P2G 9 and so far it's doing everything I want BUT if P2G Plat does more...i want that too.

I would just normally remove P2G 9 and install 10 BUT I have been reading about some features missing in 10 for audio CD's that are present in previous versions.

Anyways, I'm just asking before i take the plunge.

thanks,

RC
Hey y'all,

I'm not sure if I am asking this question properly but, I have "show OSD" unchecked in the General player settings but I still see the controls and on screen garb while in a custom (smaller) window.

For example, When in full screen it shows just the DVD and no controls unless I move the mouse over the picture, which is what I would like to do in a custom window.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

RC

BTW
just to say, THIS is one nice piece of software, the picture and sound are incredible!!!!And I love the library mode and ease of use of it. (I got Power2Go 10 with it but haven't installed it yet, I'm still using 9)

As windows 10 is requiring a lot of upgrading for burning/moviemaking types of software I have been slowly switching over to ALL CyberLink products, the prices are very competitive and the products just do the job properly!!

Made several movies lately with the Power Director and edited and created a ton of stuff with the Photo Director which I
got with it!!

I won’t say what I was using before, but I will say that after 15 years, faithfully upgrading as needed, their quality and response to the customer is lost. I am done with them.

I hope this quality of CL products keeps up for a long time to come.
Mine only has "Hardware Video Encoder".

VDE160108-02
"Hardware Video Encoder"? I have that checked, I have a GTX980 so I figured why not.

I'll try it unchecked and see if there is a noticeable difference, thanks. I am just playing around with it for now to find the best settings.

It took me awhile to find out how to get system audio working as well, I didn't realize that I needed to have Voice over checked to get any audio at all. I think I have everything working pretty good now.

thanks Fish!!
Hey guys, I just started using the screen recorder and I'm not getting any system audio. I get a great video and I can get voice over if that is seleected, do i need to select both to get system audio? If so how do I disable the mic to get only system sudio?

thanks, I am very new to this type of stuff.
Go to: