Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem converting audio from video P2G11
[Post New]
Hey y'all, hope evryone is having a Happy New year.

I just got P2G 11 and was converting audio to .mp3 from some YouTube videos I have and for some reason P2G just stopped converting the audio.

I did like 7 and they worked fine, then all of the sudden on #8 it just sits there and does nothing until I click cancel. It starts to create the mp3 but then just stops. I also tried several other vids and ther same thing occurs.

And NO it's not protect content, Youtube does not allow "protect content".

The strange thing is I used VLC to convert the rest of the videos I wanted audio from and it did it without a hitch. So there is nothing wrong with the video files themselves.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This is all it says about converting audio in the users guide.

Converting Audio Files

Use the Audio Converter utility to convert existing audio into one of these audiofile formats: APE*, FLAC*, M4A* (AAC), MP3, WAV, or WMA. You can also outputaudio files with a different quality or extract audio from video clips.

Note: * this feature is not available in some versions of CyberLinkPower2Go.

To convert audio files, do this:

1. In the new task window, select the Media Converter option and then AudioConverter.

2. 2. Click and then select the files you want to convert. Click Open to addthem into the Audio Converter window.

3. 3. Click the button and then select the location where you want to savethe converted audio files.

4. 4. In the Settings section, set the Format and Quality of the converted files fromthe drop-downs.

5. 5. Click Go to convert the audio files and save the files to your computer.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 09. 2017 11:38

ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rob,

I think you mean the converting youtube video to mp3 well in P2G 7 but it's not in P2G 8/11, right?

Which youtube video you downloaded? And which resolution? I think I can have a try on my P2G 10.
[Post New]
Quote Hi Rob,

I think you mean the converting youtube video to mp3 well in P2G 7 but it's not in P2G 8/11, right?

Which youtube video you downloaded? And which resolution? I think I can have a try on my P2G 10.

Howdy sumerJ thanks for the help.

Actually I may not have clear, I was able to extract 7 mp3 audio files from 7 YouTube videos, but I am exclusively using P2G 11 only. The (7) I was referring to was the number of files I was able to convert so far before it just stopped working.

The video I downloaded is 1440x1080, but it is just a photo slideshow not actual video, the audio I wanted to extract is a live performance. It is an MP4 video.

Here is a link to one of the video/audio files if you want to try, maybe you can figure out whats going on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ssAb_PQvQ

These guys are from my hometown, I actually have every version of this song but this one. lol

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 09. 2017 13:07

ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
The live was cool, I like it.

So, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ssAb_PQvQ is the #8 song you want to convert? It works fine to me on my P2G 10 + Win10.
[Post New]
Quote The live was cool, I like it.

So, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ssAb_PQvQ is the #8 song you want to convert? It works fine to me on my P2G 10 + Win10.

hummm, well it's got to be somthing I did then. I haven't tried again since the other day when it failed so I will give it another shot.

Maybe I just can't do a whole bunch in a row?

I'll try it again and see what happens.

Thanks SumerJ

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2017 19:42