Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I create titles with multiple (up to 12) text lines in the title. I do this for a church service video that goes out on Vimeo. For example, I add the text of a hymn to match up with a audio. If there are four stanzas, I will have either 4 or 8 different lines to display. This is done against a semi transparant grey background in the lower third of the video. Throughout the edit process, I have to wait for PD to catch up with me. I drag one end of a text line to match the singing, wait, drag the other end, wait. Editing the text is the only activity that seems to run normally. The wait time is anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds, at times longer.

There have been more that a few times that PD quit - no warning message, no message to send anything off for PD to look at, nothing. When that happens, I have to bring up Windows Task Manager and manually close PDRStyleAgent and PDStyleAgent so that I can restart PowerDirector. When that started happening I set my auto backup to 2 minutes to reduce recovery time.

I run Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system

My hardware is a 3.70GHz XPS8930 with 32 GIG memory with 8th Generation Intel - i7-8700K - 6-core processor

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card with 8GB GDDR5X Graphics memory

Enable OpenCL technology is checked
Enable hardware decoding is checked
Last Optimized 2020/04/18
When I click on keyframe for either an image or video in the timeline, it takes about 9-10 seconds for the keyframe parameters to come up. During that time, the sides of the PD window draw in slightly and then re-expand, It gets worse if I have keyframe up for one image/video and click on another without closing out keyframe first. The system goes thru the same process but takes anywhere from 12 to 20 seconds to finally close out the keyframe for the first image/video and open the second one. During that time for PD the CPU is running at 85%-90% and then drops down into the mid 70's following.

It doesn't seem to create a problem other than it is quite annoying to sit there waiting. I do alot of keyframe manipulation.

I run Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system
My hardware is a 3.70GHz XPS8930 with 32 GIG memory with 8th Generation Intel - i7-8700K - 6-core processor
I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X Graphics memory

Enable OpenCL technology is checked
Enable hardware decoding is checked
Last Optimized 2020/04/18
I import multiple camera videos of a church service. I combine them switching from one view to another, adding pre video images and post video images. When I finish, I produce an MPG 1920X1230 30fps and take it into another project where I add subtitles for readings and hymns. (I use to do this in one project, but that was more complicated than I care for).

When I preview, everything is ok, video and audio are in sync. When I produce the final MPG file, the audio and video are in sync at the beginning and get more and more out of sync towards the end.

I have had this happen in the original project, when I brought in a short MPG file and inserted it in the middle between 2 camera clips (MP4). After producing the final video, from the end of the inserted file to the end of the video, it was out of sync by 3 or 4 frames.

At one time (maybe a one off) I even had the linked audio and video showing as starting at different times in the preview. The audio started about 3 or 4 seconds before the video and ended 3 or 4 seconds before the video. At that point, I tried to unlink them to align them. Could not do that. The only thing that I could do was to delete that clip, bring it back in and re-trim it. However when I cut the MPG, it was off by a few frames.

To get around that problem, I have started cutting MP4 files (smaller) and have not had a problem yet.
I have a situation where I have insert a .png image of a text box that is specialized for my video. It is a 1920x1080 .png image containing a black text box with grey borders (I do this because I have special curved effects at each end of the border with highlighs). I set the opacity to 70% (or anything less than 100%). The image shows the appropriate transparency for the box in the designer window. But when I return, the box is 100% opaque; it loses its tranparency. If I select designer again, it still shows 70% opacity.

As a work around, I put my text border image in a separate video layer and assign the 70% opacity to it. That seems to work ok, but I now have another layer to contend with.

Note: same problem happens if it is a .jpg image.
That is good to know. I have the appropriate licenses. I plan to finish the current projects using PD 17 and start new projects on PD 18(365), phasing out PD17.

Thanks for update. It gives me some relief. I will now do the install of 365.
I am currently running PD 17 (not 365) and have two critical projects that I am currently working on. I am worried that if I install PD 18 (365) I will not be able to continue my PD 17 projects. I cannot take the risk that PD 365 replaces PD 17 and might haveproblems that would jeopardize those projects. I need to finish those projects with PD 17 while I am testing PD 365 to ensure it's stability.

Has anyone gone through that process that can answer whether installation of PD 365 will run along side PD 17?
I am using PowerDirector 17 Ultimate version 17.0.3005.0 running Windows 10.

My video driver is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I am trying to overlay a foreground layer in timeline layer 2 (recording made of a presenter in front of a green screen) over background layer 1 (backdrop recording). From the Effects Room, I applied NewBlue Chromakey Pro which worked very nicely until I rendered an MPG 1920 x 1080 video. You can see from the image taken of the finished video the problem that occurred.

To report the problem, I reduced the size of the project to ten seconds. There are two timeline clips in the project – foreground is 1920x1088 mp4 29.97 fps. Background is 96-x540 25 fps. The effect that I am applying to the foreground clip is NewBlue Chroma Key Pro from NewBlue Essentials VI in PD Effects Room.

You can find the project, components of the project, DxDiag.txt (with my name removed), a captured screenshot of the timeline, and a captured image of the video showing the problem. at:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah_XJ51CV3DDmCN5jd4yrLTNoXhu?e=G5GPjO

The components are Background3.mp4 and C0003.MP4. The project is Somebody.pds. The video rendered by the project is Somebody.mpg. DxDiag.txt is the result of DxDiag.

I hope this will suffice.
I am using NewBlue Essentials VI in PowerDirector 17. When I specify MPEG-2 1920 X 1080/60I (25 Mpbs), I get horizontal lines across the background (not the chromakey layer). Every other line is dark. When I specify MPEG-2 1280 X 720/30P (20 Mpbs), i get a good video. I can't tell if it is PD or NewBlue, but I suspect NewBlue can't keep up with PD's rendering speed. I haven't tried rurning off hardware acceleration to see if that might work. I don't even want to think about that.
I create travel documentaries. Often I will zoom in on a map (digital image), move to different locations on the map and pausing (for narration. I set timeframes for each location/pause and end by zooming back outout. The duration set for the map may be 2 minutes long. On the video track this requires many keyframes to be set for the Position and Height/Width. Often when I want to go back and correct some of the keyframes, e.g. changing some and deleting others, the original settings revert back after I make the change. For example: when I delete one keyframe then change the preceeding or following keyframe, the deleted one immediately reappears, and the changed keyframe reverts back to the original setting. Saving and reopening the project has no effect. Saving the project, closing PD, restarting PD, and reloading the saved project nas no no effect. The only way I can continue is to reboot the system. Then I can make my changes and they remain set.

In my latest project, this has become a major irritant, since it takes up to 5 minutes to restart the system.

This also occured in PD14, PD15, and now in PD16.
Thanks, I thought I had.
This is a PD14, PD15, and PD16 problem.

I create travel documentaries. Often I will zoom in on a map, move to different locations and end by zooming out. On the video track this requires many keyframes to be set for the Position and Height/Width. Often when I want to go back and correct some of the keyframes, e.g. changing some and deleting others, the original settings revert back after the change. For example: when I delete one keyframe then change the preceeding or following keyframe, the deleted one immediately reappears, and the changed keyframe reverts back to the original setting. Saving and reopening the project has no effect. Saving the project, closing PD, restarting PD, and reloading the saved project nas no no effect. The only way I can continue is to reboot the system. Then I can make my changes and they remain set.

In my latest project, this has become a major irritant, since it takes up to 5 minutes to restart the system.
I rebooted my system and everything seems to working as predicted. I think that PB might be effected by hibernation mode. I have noticed changes to PB after being in hibernation.

I am good now.
I also have run into problems with menu designer. Un"Include root menu" solved one of my problems. The current problem is I can't get rid of "My Video" appearing on the first screen. I set the font color to black and moved it off the screen to the upper right in both the Root Menu and Titles/Chapters Menu. It is does not show in menu designer, but does show with the same radiant color it was originally defined with.

When I had a root menu, I thought it would carry over from the root menu, but it does not. The root menu showed the edited title in place of My Videos, but the Titles menu does not change.
Very often I work with an image on track 1 along with one or more images on other tracks that are reduced in size. I set keyframes for the smaller images to cause them to flow in front of the image on track 1 going from top to bottom, left to right, bottom to top, right to left, grow in place, shrink, etc. I do all this with keyframes. However, if I want to change direction, PD moves the image from key frame X to key frame Y, takes an abrupt turn and moves to keyframe Z. I know that I could add many more keyframes to make it appear as a curved motion, but that is timely and error prone. (Since I reduce the size of the images, Magic motion is not a viable option.)

I would like another checkbox added to keyframe Position X-Y that has an option (similar to Ease in and Ease out) that is Arc thru. In my example, I would set this option for keyframe Y and PD would create an arc from keyframe X to Z through keyframe Y.

With that, many complex arcs could be created. If I have 4 contiguous keyframes, (A, B, C, and D), I could set the "Arc thru" option for B and C and get an S shapped arc for the flow of my image.
Good suggestion. I am also assaulted with this message when I trim a video clip, even when 3D mode is already disabled.
Change to how "Copy Keyframe Attributes" work for images

It would simplify life for users that work a lot with photographs to have the "Copy Key Frame Attributes" include Duration in the copy. It has no meaning for video and should be ignored in that case, but I often have two operations to perform when I bring an image into the timeline with the intention of making it perform exactly as another image - first set duration then copy keyframe attributes.

If I copy keyframe attributes first and the duration of the new image is shorter, the new image's attributes will be missing keyframe attributes that don't get copied and will have no attributes set at the end of its frame.

If the duration of new image is longer, it will have no attrubutes beyond the last attribute in the copied image.
Quote: In the meantime, and if you're interested, there are 3rd-party utilities that can manage apps and taskbars on multi-monitor systems. I'm very happy with one called *Display Fusion* and the Pro version will let you assign a monitor for any app to open on, including specifying a starting size other than full-screen.

Thanks, I did install Display Fusion, and it is performing as stated.
PB13 should not require entry of leading zero prior to a decimal. For example: 0.623 shoud be able to be entered as 0.623 or .623 without the leading zero. When .623 is entered, the value recorded is 623.000.

Every software app I have ever used understands the implied 0 when the decimal is entered first. You would think I would learn after doing it a 1000 times.
I would like CROP to be added to the Key Frame options. The problem with CROP today is: once cropped, always cropped. I would like a dynamic crop that can grow the picture out of a point to it's full size or visa versa.

That would add ability to do some interesting effects, like growing (shrinking) from a point; reshaping the area shown by shrinking the vertical and expanding the horizontal, etc.
I would like a change to how and where PD13 loads. I would like it to load on the same monitor and in the same position where it was last closed. It always opens maximized on the primary monitor. To move it to my second work monitor, I restore down, drag to the second monitor and remaximize the app. Doing this once is not a problem. Doing this 3 to 10 times a day is a nuisance.
I had done this intentionally and thought someone else might have that need as well. I did it to try to place my 9 video tracks at the top where the would be easier to work with without scrolling. If it was possible, I would have deleted the Track 1 or moved it to the bottom to get the audio portion of that out of the way.
Go to: