Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering problems using NewBlue Essentials VI
[Post New]
I am using NewBlue Essentials VI in PowerDirector 17. When I specify MPEG-2 1920 X 1080/60I (25 Mpbs), I get horizontal lines across the background (not the chromakey layer). Every other line is dark. When I specify MPEG-2 1280 X 720/30P (20 Mpbs), i get a good video. I can't tell if it is PD or NewBlue, but I suspect NewBlue can't keep up with PD's rendering speed. I haven't tried rurning off hardware acceleration to see if that might work. I don't even want to think about that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2019 12:12

Paul C
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It would help to have more details (such as which effect you're using, and what your source clip's specs are) along with screenshots of your timeline showing the problem area. Better yet, actual copies of the source and produced clips, and even the actual project (if you're comfortabl;e sharing them).

You can use Pack Project Materials... from PD's File menu and send everything to a cloud folder (Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) and then paste the link to it here. That way, other people can try producing your exact project and see if the issues show up on other systems or if it might just be an issue with your setup.

It would also help to follow the steps listed in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread so we can see what kind of shape your computer is in. The more info and specifics you can provide, the more likely it is that we'll be able to figure out what's going on.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
I am using PowerDirector 17 Ultimate version 17.0.3005.0 running Windows 10.

My video driver is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I am trying to overlay a foreground layer in timeline layer 2 (recording made of a presenter in front of a green screen) over background layer 1 (backdrop recording). From the Effects Room, I applied NewBlue Chromakey Pro which worked very nicely until I rendered an MPG 1920 x 1080 video. You can see from the image taken of the finished video the problem that occurred.

To report the problem, I reduced the size of the project to ten seconds. There are two timeline clips in the project – foreground is 1920x1088 mp4 29.97 fps. Background is 96-x540 25 fps. The effect that I am applying to the foreground clip is NewBlue Chroma Key Pro from NewBlue Essentials VI in PD Effects Room.

You can find the project, components of the project, DxDiag.txt (with my name removed), a captured screenshot of the timeline, and a captured image of the video showing the problem. at:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah_XJ51CV3DDmCN5jd4yrLTNoXhu?e=G5GPjO

The components are Background3.mp4 and C0003.MP4. The project is Somebody.pds. The video rendered by the project is Somebody.mpg. DxDiag.txt is the result of DxDiag.

I hope this will suffice. Paul C