Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Specifying keyframes has become very slow and cluncky
[Post New]
When I click on keyframe for either an image or video in the timeline, it takes about 9-10 seconds for the keyframe parameters to come up. During that time, the sides of the PD window draw in slightly and then re-expand, It gets worse if I have keyframe up for one image/video and click on another without closing out keyframe first. The system goes thru the same process but takes anywhere from 12 to 20 seconds to finally close out the keyframe for the first image/video and open the second one. During that time for PD the CPU is running at 85%-90% and then drops down into the mid 70's following.

It doesn't seem to create a problem other than it is quite annoying to sit there waiting. I do alot of keyframe manipulation.

I run Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system
My hardware is a 3.70GHz XPS8930 with 32 GIG memory with 8th Generation Intel - i7-8700K - 6-core processor
I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X Graphics memory

Enable OpenCL technology is checked
Enable hardware decoding is checked
Last Optimized 2020/04/18 Paul C
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The DxDiag test results will give us much more insight into your system.

In your other post you mention working with multiple clips, but it's unclear if you're using shadow files, which can slow down your system (and PD's response) if it's busy generating them when you're starting to edit. If you're using them, try waiting until all the yellow icons on the clips in the media library turn green.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°