Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Various problems with editing Title Effects in timeline
[Post New]
I create titles with multiple (up to 12) text lines in the title. I do this for a church service video that goes out on Vimeo. For example, I add the text of a hymn to match up with a audio. If there are four stanzas, I will have either 4 or 8 different lines to display. This is done against a semi transparant grey background in the lower third of the video. Throughout the edit process, I have to wait for PD to catch up with me. I drag one end of a text line to match the singing, wait, drag the other end, wait. Editing the text is the only activity that seems to run normally. The wait time is anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds, at times longer.

There have been more that a few times that PD quit - no warning message, no message to send anything off for PD to look at, nothing. When that happens, I have to bring up Windows Task Manager and manually close PDRStyleAgent and PDStyleAgent so that I can restart PowerDirector. When that started happening I set my auto backup to 2 minutes to reduce recovery time.

I run Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system

My hardware is a 3.70GHz XPS8930 with 32 GIG memory with 8th Generation Intel - i7-8700K - 6-core processor

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card with 8GB GDDR5X Graphics memory

Enable OpenCL technology is checked
Enable hardware decoding is checked
Last Optimized 2020/04/18 Paul C
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Based on this and your other post, Paul, I think you may have some instabilities in your system.

It might be worth checking your drivers and ensuring that they are up to date. With your graphics card in particular, don't trust Windows to give you the newest or most stable driver. Go to the nVidia site and download their GeForce Experience software and use it to get the latest firmware for your GPU.

You'd be surprised how often nVidia updates drivers! (As of this morning, the latest GeForce driver for my card is dated June 24 -- but that could change any day now.)

You'll also be surprised to find out how often instability in a video editor is caused by something as simple as a two week old driver.