Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio out of sync with video when working with 1920x1080 30cps MPG clips
[Post New]
I import multiple camera videos of a church service. I combine them switching from one view to another, adding pre video images and post video images. When I finish, I produce an MPG 1920X1230 30fps and take it into another project where I add subtitles for readings and hymns. (I use to do this in one project, but that was more complicated than I care for).

When I preview, everything is ok, video and audio are in sync. When I produce the final MPG file, the audio and video are in sync at the beginning and get more and more out of sync towards the end.

I have had this happen in the original project, when I brought in a short MPG file and inserted it in the middle between 2 camera clips (MP4). After producing the final video, from the end of the inserted file to the end of the video, it was out of sync by 3 or 4 frames.

At one time (maybe a one off) I even had the linked audio and video showing as starting at different times in the preview. The audio started about 3 or 4 seconds before the video and ended 3 or 4 seconds before the video. At that point, I tried to unlink them to align them. Could not do that. The only thing that I could do was to delete that clip, bring it back in and re-trim it. However when I cut the MPG, it was off by a few frames.

To get around that problem, I have started cutting MP4 files (smaller) and have not had a problem yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2020 16:25

Paul C
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I'd simply bite the bullet and convert your source MP4 with Handbrake into a very common (audio and video) H.264 format that PD can handle to get around this issue.

Jeff
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
[Post New]
I am creating only MP4 videos now, which has solved my problem. Although I don't believe the audio quality is as good. I would prefer .MPG, but if I can't use the MPG in another project, it is useless.

But thanks for the help. You validated what I am doing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08. 2020 10:58

Paul C