Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I run both PD 365 and PD 17
[Post New]
I am currently running PD 17 (not 365) and have two critical projects that I am currently working on. I am worried that if I install PD 18 (365) I will not be able to continue my PD 17 projects. I cannot take the risk that PD 365 replaces PD 17 and might haveproblems that would jeopardize those projects. I need to finish those projects with PD 17 while I am testing PD 365 to ensure it's stability.

Has anyone gone through that process that can answer whether installation of PD 365 will run along side PD 17? Paul C
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As long as you have the appropriate licenses, there shouldn't be any issue habing both versions installed. I have PD13, 14 and 365 installed on my system along with the relevent versions of AD, PhD and CD.

As you may be aware, newer PD versions can open projects created with older versions but older versions cannot open a project thats been created or saved in a newer version of the editor.

For example, if you want to check PD365's ability to work on your PD17 projects, either close PD365 without ever saving the original project, or else save the project with a different name after opening it in PD365 so you won't lose the ability to open the original project in PD17.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
That is good to know. I have the appropriate licenses. I plan to finish the current projects using PD 17 and start new projects on PD 18(365), phasing out PD17.

Thanks for update. It gives me some relief. I will now do the install of 365. Paul C