Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create a title attached to a moving video object
david445 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2012 05:28 Messages: 129 Offline
[Post New]
I have created an animated slideshow with flying picture frames that contains frames of various videos I have recorded.

Want to create titles that follow (at least for some time) the frames when they are moving, it's possible?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2013 07:13

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Your titles will need to be image files and then you can make them go anywhere you wish. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Using PiP feature?
There are any way I can make PD recognize the moving objects so that it sticks the titles to it?
Or I need to manually define a path so that will move with the objects?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Using PiP feature?
There are any way I can make PD recognize the moving objects so that it sticks the titles to it?
Or I need to manually define a path so that will move with the objects?

You must create PNG images of the Titles.
Paint.Net is a great Free Image Editor that is great for the job.

In the PIP designer you can set motion paths, to follow your video.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, at least I know where begin to work.
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have created an animated slideshow with flying picture frames that contains frames of various videos I have recorded.

Want to create titles that follow (at least for some time) the frames when they are moving, it's possible?

Maybe this thread will help you:

http://goo.gl/kO5VdP

...and possibly this tutorial:

http://youtu.be/CE_pbBhTl1I

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2013 16:00

---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Carl and SCD for filling in the blanks.
I answered that query on my i-Phone, and it's too laborious for full answers, and searching for the proper PDTooT.
Two lessons are needed here...
1. How to make a PNG.
2. How to use PIP.
This is a great forum.

NOTE: SCD, your links are inactive(for me anyway), I was forced to highlight and seek.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2013 20:57

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
david445 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks this was really what I needed.
At 4:58 of the posted video in the thread it's the effect I'm searching for with the arrow following the car.
The problem is my video it's much more complicated with many objects flying around, chaining also depth not only position.
I need to do some tests to understand how much time I need, otherwise I'm starting to think about some simple scrolling text on the bottom.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2013 02:30

SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: NOTE: SCD, your links are inactive(for me anyway), I was forced to highlight and seek.

Thanks, Barry, for the heads-up! I have corrected the links and they should be live now. ---
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
SoCalDude
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks this was really what I needed.

No problem, it was my pleasure.

Quote: At 4:58 of the posted video in the thread it's the effect I'm searching for with the arrow following the car.
The problem is my video it's much more complicated with many objects flying around, chaining also depth not only position.
I need to do some tests to understand how much time I need, otherwise I'm starting to think about some simple scrolling text on the bottom.

I, myself, am yet to do any of these moving graphics in my videos, but I predict I will one of these days. That's one of the reasons why I bookmarked that thread. ---
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone