Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is There a Difference between the Video and the Effect Track?
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
I've inserted a still photograph on the video track between two video clips. For this photograph, I am adding a zoom-in effect.

Is there a difference whether I put this effect on the Effect track or whether I place it on top of the photograph on the Video track?

I've done it both ways and can't visibly see any difference. ---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
[Post New]
Quote: I've inserted a still photograph on the video track between two video clips. For this photograph, I am adding a zoom-in effect.

Is there a difference whether I put this effect on the Effect track or whether I place it on top of the photograph on the Video track?

I've done it both ways and can't visibly see any difference.

In my view no problem, add the effect on the track effect can adjust the time for it, different the image time.
I prefer to give the effect zoom in / out, by magic motiom or pip designer for images (photos)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2013 22:59

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I prefer to give the effect zoom in / out, by magic motiom or pip designer for images (photos)

Excellent!

As a n00b to PD, your suggestion was much appreciated. I like that I can fine-tune the zooming motion, such as the size of the zoom as well as the direction/path.

Thank you! ---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM