Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, folks. Sorry if this information isn't new, but I didn't see it when doing a quick search of the forum. The following are some links I came across while Googling about PD 12:

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16443&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16446&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16444&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16447&prodId=4&prodVerId=-1

The last link discusses Director Suite 2, which includes updated versions of the various components.
Alpine310 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Feb 02, 2013 05:52 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Nice find. One would assume it's not far away.
[Post New]
Quote: Nice find. One would assume it's not far away.

Cyberlink has press event scheduled for this friday, 6.9., 11:00 London time, at IFA convention, Germany ...

More here - http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2012/Q3/create/overview.jsp

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2013 08:33

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like a few much requested features have been added. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
SoCalDude
Member Location: Sunny Southern California Joined: Aug 12, 2013 20:48 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad that PD12 can now better handle 2K and 4K video. Now I can start "experimenting" (recording) in those modes on my GoPro.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2013 14:02

---
- PowerDirector 13 Ultimate
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (two of these)
- Kodak Zx5 HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Canon PowerShot SD1300 (HD video & stills
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR w/lots of lenses--my favorite being a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
[Post New]
I am eager to see, what kind of improvements are going to be in new Color director. Motion tracking, without the ability to apply some effect other than different color (e.g. blur), is kind of useless. Also - various sliders instead of full fledged curves support, is also a bit limiting.
nalab1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 10, 2013 13:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
I was mugged by this lot... Ordered v11 yesterday (5/9/2013) only to find its out of date within 10 hours... I know I can get a refund but you would think that I could get a free upgradeto v12... NOPE!

What a great company.. NOT! Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB DDR5
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
PowerDirector 15 ultimate
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I was mugged by this lot... Ordered v11 yesterday (5/9/2013) only to find its out of date within 10 hours... I know I can get a refund but you would think that I could get a free upgradeto v12... NOPE!

What a great company.. NOT!

Sorry you fell that way. No one outside of the company except for possibly beta testers knew it was going to be released. The company that sold you version 11 probably was prohibited from saying anything with the threat of loss of ability to sell you anything. It happens all the time and you were not singled out !

You already got an answer in your other thread. Did you buy the program directly from Cyberlink? If so, that is easy to get a refund and to buy the new version. Did you have problems buying Version 11? It should not be any more difficult to get the refund and buy the newer version. Contact them, I don't think you will get much more sympathy here - or did you just want to post a rant. You have done that at least twice. Now do something about refunds and repurchase. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just downloaded the trial of Ultimate v12 and to upgrade (from v11)

I need to pay ANOTHER £119.99 to upgrade making a total of £145.99 + £119.99 = £265.98?

OR if I get the refund of £145.99 do I just pay the £119.99? Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just downloaded the trial of Ultimate v12 and to upgrade (from v11)

I need to pay ANOTHER £119.99 to upgrade making a total of £145.99 + £119.99 = £265.98?

OR if I get the refund of £145.99 do I just pay the £119.99?

Yes, we have all been saying to get the refund and then buy the new version.

Unless you have an earlier version than the one you will ask for a refund, you will have to pay full price, not upgrade price.

Have you tried to contact someone from Cyberlink locally? I doubt that they have the authority to let you download the latest version free even if you promise to destroy the previous version. I may be wrong but in dealing with other companies, the refund/buy option has always been the simplest.

SInce you are posting the price in pounds, I'm not sure why you are having issues understanding the concept. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
What do you mean by locally? The numbers I have been quoted are all in the US and that will cost an arm and a leg to phone.. there are no numbers that I can find for "customer services" for the UK which is where I am based.

It just extremely annoying to buy a software product and it gets outdated within 10 hours. Most companies in this position would give you a FREE UPGRADE or a heavily discounted upgrade to the new release.

It appears not to work like this for Cyberlink..... Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, nalab1,

By clicking on the link below, you will see how to be refund by Cyberlink.

https://asknet-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2215/kw/refund Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't think that you appreciate what I am saying.

I know that I can get a refund but it is Cyberlinks/asknets handling of this that is upsetting me. I downloaded (in good faith) and paid for Ultimate Suite v11 only to find some 10 HOURS LATER, it had been superceeded by V12...

The people at asknet are totally intransigent and keep saying apply for a refund... which I am going to do

Most software companies allow you a grace period between updates and as I said earlier, give you a free or heavily discounted upgrade. Not this lot!

The whole thing has left a very bitter taste in my mouth and I probably would not recommend this product to anyone.... Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
stevek
[Post New]
We all have been very kind to you and have offered the only suggestions that make sense.

You have a complaint with asknet. You must contact them for ANY and ALL other solutions.

We cannot do anything more for you. This is a users group and we have no power to do anything. See if you can send a p.m. to the Cyberlink employee who sometimes visits these forums.

As I said earlier, you were NOT singled out. Why do you think that Cyberlink owes you anything? You bought a product that works well as opposed to a new release that may need several patches. Do you even know what additions would be useful to you and you would use?

I'm going to get a lot of negative feedback on this from you and others but there is nothign we can do.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2013 09:22

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: What do you mean by locally? The numbers I have been quoted are all in the US and that will cost an arm and a leg to phone.. there are no numbers that I can find for "customer services" for the UK which is where I am based.

It just extremely annoying to buy a software product and it gets outdated within 10 hours. Most companies in this position would give you a FREE UPGRADE or a heavily discounted upgrade to the new release.

It appears not to work like this for Cyberlink.....

When you first open
http://www.cyberlink.com/
Look in the upper Right corner you have a country, click the dropdown to choose other countries.

When you have UK selected Support is here.
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

[Thumb - Other Countries for Cyberlink_resize.com.jpg]
 Filename
Other Countries for Cyberlink_resize.com.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Country dropdown Cyberlink.com
 Filesize
14 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
704 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2013 16:34

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Kevinv64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't think it's reasonable at all to expect a free upgrade to version 12. For one thing, I posted the above links early on September 4th and even titled it "PowerDirector 12." Any reasonable reading of those links made it obvious that version 12 was coming very soon. Yet, despite your obvious familiarity with this forum, you proceeded to order version 11 on the 5th.

Cyberlink has been selling version 11 at a deep discount leading up to the release of 12. Why would they let someone take advantage of that low price just so they could use it as a way to get PD 12 cheap? As unreasonable as you are being about this, I'm beginning to suspect that this is exactly what you had in mind, and you're ticked off because Cyberlink isn't falling for it. You can't expect any sympathy from those of us who have been paying the fair price. How do you think the rest of us would feel if Cyberlink let you get away with that?
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I think you are right on Kevinv64. I like what I see they have added in 12. I pick it up and installed it today. I started with ver. 10 then 11 now I have 12. For the price for a 64 bit editing and what they have added can't bet it.
The MultiCam editing they put in 12 from what I have seen you have to spend $600 or more for that. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've got to more thoroughly research it when I have some time, to determine if the changes to all the Director Suite components justify shelling out the money again this year.
nalab1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kevin64...

"Cyberlink has been selling version 11 at a deep discount leading up to the release of 12. Why would they let someone take advantage of that low price just so they could use it as a way to get PD 12 cheap? As unreasonable as you are being about this, I'm beginning to suspect that this is exactly what you had in mind, and you're ticked off because Cyberlink isn't falling for it."

No its not what I had in mind at all. I am just hacked off that no warning was issued that it would be out of date in 10 hours... and as I said previously, most software companies give you a grace period between ordering the current release and new releases being shipped....

As for you comment about posting that v12 was imminent, I have got better things to do that trolling around on bulletin boards.... Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
stevek
[Post New]
Well you found it for the rant.!

You said "and as I said previously, most software companies give you a grace period between ordering the current release and new releases being shipped.... "

Please name a few. I might consider buying from them so I don't try to scam them.

Perhaps it is time to close this out since we can't do anyhting for you and we keep going around in circles.