Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menus
Oldshep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2012 22:29 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I know I am new to PD but the way chapters but in comparison to Pinnacle the way menus are constructed sucks.

I cannot find how to delete Menus I have.
The chapters do not show on the menu and I cannot fathom how to cause the video to return to the Main menu after each chapter. Why do PD make is so confusing Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
A Virus - Bit Defender Plus 2012
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
You will need to read the user guide, because there are some things that aren't obvious and you can pick up the terminology Cyberlink uses.

Chapters don't have return points except for the last chapter. Scenes (aka Titles), on the otherhand, have return points. What you have on the timeline is considered your first scene. You can import videos and other projects as "scenes." Scenes can have there own set of chapters. A scene could be a recording of a TV show episode, for example. To add more scenes to your project, click the "Create Disc" button, then the "Content" tab. There is a button to add videos and another button to add projects. This should update the menus automatically.

To delete menus, right-click on the menu thumbnail on the "menu preferences" tab, then select "delete from disc" from the pop-up menu.

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Oldshep [Avatar]
[Post New]
So I have created a video of a holidays visiting 4 places. This as you said is my first and only scene.
Under Pinnacle I would have 4 menu buttons and would play each chapter and then return to menu. In fact I often used to copy the complete timeline immediately following and make this say chapter 5 and this way the video would play all the way through before returning to the menu.

Is it not possible to achieve this in PD11

If I understand your reply I need to create 4 projects i.e a timeline for each of the places visited and then bring them in under the create disc option. Is this so.
OR is there another way I can achieve what I want to do Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Oldshep,

No, you can't do it the way it is done in Pinnacle.

When adding "Scenes," adding video is going to be safer to do than adding projects. With video, you only have one file to be concerned about. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Oldshep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Forgive my "thickiness"

OK by adding projects I probably used the wrong name.

Not sure what you mean by adding video. I meant to create 4 .pds files one for each place visited. (which will be a composite of video clips, images, sound and voice over etc. To me a pds file is a project.

So what do you mean by adding a video.

I suppose I could always produce an mpg or AVI file from my PD11 project and input this into Pinnacle and then my chapters a create a menu as I used to. Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
You need to familiarize yourself with the user manual and perhaps the aids that are available as per the top page of this forum.

The two apps are quite different in their workings. Win 10, i7