Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cutting clips on timeline
Oldshep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2012 22:29 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I could not think of what to call this post!!

Sometimes when trying to place a transition I am unable to do so. By expanding the timeline to max I see there is piece of a clip (video or photo) of almost nil duration between 2 clips. I then found the image of the same number next to it and the duration would be less than the original set preference by the amount on this slither of a clip. I can rectify by deleting the slither and resetting the duration of the initial image to the required duration It would seem that when I am placing clips on the timeline even though I try to place them right next to the previous clip I am inadvertently cutting a slither off.

Is there any way I can ensure this does not happen. (any means to get the software to inform when overlapping clips on placement etc.) OR do I just need to be much more careful and I suppose by expanding the timeline to max before placement makes it less likely to happen...but this would make the initial placement very slow. Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
A Virus - Bit Defender Plus 2012
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
You need to be:

1. Attentive to which mode you are in - Clip or Movie
1-1. Clip mode for single track, clip splitting.
1-2. Movie mode for multiple track content, multiple clip splitting.
2. Aware of positional placement and alignment of clips.
3. Be aware of the choices that are offered (when placing a clip in a track) and choose correctly.
4. It never hurts to practice more

Dafydd

Edit, adding more

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16. 2012 06:08