Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Great guys, I will check out those settings. Thanks!
Hi all,

I hope it is OK that I ask this question here because I realize it is my camera and not Powerdirector that is causing this issue. Is there a common setting on cameras that causes them to adjust brightness on the fly? I am trying to figure out how to stop this from happening. I have a Sony CX-190b camcorder if that helps.

I do guitar videos, and all of them have this problem where the brightness (I think that is what this is called) will shift, seemingly randomly although it is probably related to how the picture is changing over time. Here is an example here, you can see the brightness fade right before I switch the view to my other camera at about 43 seconds in to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m8jJxHaC8I&t=0m40s

Here is a link to the video from the start where you can see subtle shifts in brightness all over the place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m8jJxHaC8I

Thanks for your help and I am sorry if this question is outside of the scope of this forum.

Chris
Oh ok. So each frame of video will be divided with 10 ticks with which the align the audio then? Forgive my noobishness.

Chris
Hello there,

I just upgraded to Powerdirector 12 from 11 and it seems I cannot place clips as exactly as I used to be able to. It is crucial for my to have fine control of this in order to sync my audio with the musical performance in my videos. Did something change? When I zoom in and move the video right or left it wants to jump 5 ticks on the timeline.

Thanks for any help!

Chris
Thanks! No, I have not tried that. Probably a good idea, I'll give that a shot.
And yes Rob, I am using AVCHD and then converting to MP4.
Hey guys, thanks so much for checking out the video and for you suggestions. Going to try them out right away.
Hiya,

Or maybe I can fix these issues with Power Director? I am very new to making movies...

The problem is that the Sony CX-190 that I am using seems to be having some issues. The colors can often look "digitized", like there are not enough shades to depict a scene naturally. And the image itself is a little blurry. I think maybe it is using software to compensate for a not so good "imager" or whatever you would call it. There are other visual issues as well but I am not sure what they are called. See for yourself, I edited and uploaded this today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI2FoWjDftc

Can you guys suggest anything that might make it look better? Or maybe what would be a good camcorder to get for shooting these indoor guitar demos?

I appreciate your time. Thanks!

Chris Morris
All of a sudden, when I fade a video to black at the end, the produced video has it reversed so it goes black and then fade into normal color at the end.

Any fixes for this? Thanks.
Well you just gave me a workaround I had not thought of at least, so thanks!

Previously I had my blue background bar on the first line in my title designer and then my text on the second line. Now I just use another of the video and sound players for the blue bar and that works just fine. It's clunky but at least it doesn't fade in and out like it did in the title designer!

I hope that makes sense, I do not know the right words for what these areas within the program are called...

Chris
So basically you can see the image I have behind my text fading in at the beginning and fading out at the end of my 'text clips'. Even though the program says that motion cannot be applied to images, it is doing it regardless. Is there a workaround? It looks sloppy having images fade in and out like this.

Thanks for any help!

Chris
I am often rotating and zooming my video clips to get the best frame on my subjects, but Powerdirector will keep aligning the shots edges to the view square, often wrongly. Is there a way I can turn this feature off?

Thanks,

Chris
Sorry, I figured it out right after I posted! In the Power Tools section there is a way to rotate in smaller increments (just in case anyone find this post later on looking for the same thing!).
Is there a way to rotate my video clips in small increments? When I click and drag the circle in the preview window the first increment of rotation is way too large. Thanks for any help.
Hmmm, ok -- thanks for the information Icaru, I appreciate it.
Nope, clearing the temp files didn't help this time. I have 557 GB free on the drive and latest version of quicktime and video drivers. Any other ideas? Thanks for your time.
Just to update, Powerdirector is back to crashing on startup 5-15 times before I can use the program again. I will empty my temp files again but it seems like there is something with my system (brand new win 7 64-bit) that Powerdirector has problems with.
Nevermind, figured it out. Keyframes .
I am curious if I can make an effect like horizontal stretch fade in or out over time.

Thanks for any insight!
Well done sir! Only one crash in ten startups now. Much better, thanks.
Go to: