Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I think I may need a better camcorder? Video link inside to show you what I mean...
cmorris976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2012 02:07 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Hiya,

Or maybe I can fix these issues with Power Director? I am very new to making movies...

The problem is that the Sony CX-190 that I am using seems to be having some issues. The colors can often look "digitized", like there are not enough shades to depict a scene naturally. And the image itself is a little blurry. I think maybe it is using software to compensate for a not so good "imager" or whatever you would call it. There are other visual issues as well but I am not sure what they are called. See for yourself, I edited and uploaded this today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI2FoWjDftc

Can you guys suggest anything that might make it look better? Or maybe what would be a good camcorder to get for shooting these indoor guitar demos?

I appreciate your time. Thanks!

Chris Morris
cuartetto [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 28, 2011 20:22 Messages: 168 Offline
[Post New]
I viewed this on my system with the YT display set to 1080i. I thought it looked great. Pretty fine guitar playing as well. I didn't notice any graininess or noise or low resolution. Only blurring I notice was when the arm was out of the focus range because it was too close to the camera.

Don
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

Great guitar playing- I am envious !
(I also know what it is like to live with an ailment that limits you from doing all the things you would like, so keep on doing what you are doing.)

Had a look at your video. This could be a number of factors:

1. Check your lighting- some scenes look a bit too bright and harsh to me. Your skin tones are washed out and faded in some areas. Is this the "digitized" look you are talking about?

2. What settings are you using for the camera? iAuto for everything? Also are you using avchd and then converting to 1080p MP4 (aka MPEG-4) in Power Director before uploading? What is your computer setup ?

Try turning off the "Fast video rendering technology" option before producing the final video. This disables the "Hardware video encoder." It will be a bit slower to render- your CPU is the main thing used to render the final video file. But I find the quality is much better. See if that helps you.

3. It could also be the conversion that Youtube does. I find it takes your original source video that is uploaded and re-compresses it and sometimes makes it look worse with loss of quality when played back online.

(I personally just use 720p- 1280 X 720/30p 6 Mbps since my files are large and my IP upload speed is a slow measly 1mb = 130KB/s. It crunches the video down more than MP4 resulting in a smaller file size but still has really good video quality when played back. Youtube does not seem to mess it up too much when it re-compresses it after upload.)

I use the Sony PJ710, your CX-190 is more than good enough for your videos I wouldn't spend any more cash on getting another type. Just keep experimenting with the software settings first.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
cmorris976 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey guys, thanks so much for checking out the video and for you suggestions. Going to try them out right away.
cmorris976 [Avatar]
[Post New]
And yes Rob, I am using AVCHD and then converting to MP4.
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
Cmorris976g I will say to great guitar playing. On the color have you tried manualyl setting the white balance for the room and lighting? I know I need to order me a white balance card. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
cmorris976 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks! No, I have not tried that. Probably a good idea, I'll give that a shot.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Also filming in different light conditions alter the final color, incandescent versus flourescent each gives a different temperature range. Some times you can adjust that but others not.
Jim
Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!