Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well done sir! Only one crash in ten startups now. Much better, thanks.
Hello,

Powerdirector crashes a bunch when I attempt to start it up. It will eventually work but I was wondering if this happens to anyone else and if there might be a fix?

I have to wonder if this is related to my having a hard time with a lot of video noise in my produced movies.

Thanks,

Chris Morris
Jimbo223: Your suggestion about the MOV audio fixed that issue! Thanks a ton. I will just try using MOV files as a workaround for now. So glad to be able to get my video out as I spent 30 or so hours on it.

Thanks to you all for your time, it was very helpful and taught me a few things.
ynotfish: I was using the de-noise function to try and decrease all the noise I was seeing in my produced videos, not to manage any noise I was seeing in my clips from the camera itself (I saw none).

The clips come out of my camera looking great. It is just when I produce a movie through Powerdirector that it can become extremely pixellated like that.

Jimbo: My camera is the Sony CX190, not the CX190/B.

I am trying every format. The AVI works great for this movie but it is not very hi-res. MOV also looks great but it produces with no sound. I am trying to make a .m2ts movie out of the footage but PD keeps crashing halfway through a very long render.

By the way, I am using a Sony cx190 camera for this.
Ok here is a clip of the worst I have seen so far, but it is typical of what I get sometimes.
I get a lot of it in my videos... I use Powerdirector's built in de-noiser, which helps a lot, but I am new to making videos and there must be some ways to reduce the amount of noise in my videos before I even use that tool.

You guys have any tips on how to reduce video noise? Thank you for any insights!

Chris

P.S. Do some video formats deal with nopise better than others?
Ok thanks. I will update and use smaller video clips to see if that helps.
Once Powerdirector starts "rendering" my project is usually broken (it will crash or "render" forever). How can I fix this? I assume that my computer has maxed out its memory and Powerdirector can't properly use page files. Can I just buy an outside "cutter" and cut down my video file lengths to fix this?

It is hard when a project I have been working on for weeks starts doing this. I want to like this program but this and the endless crashes on startup plus blue screens makes it hard. My computer is a brand new intel i5 with 8 GB of ram and Windows 7.

Thanks for any help.
What causes this? I can be going along just fine, working on a project, and then I will do a cut or an edit and Power Director will just go into this huge rendering process that takes ages. I dread this. My computer is brand new and plenty fast (i5, 8 GB or RAM, Windows 7). Help!

Thanks,

Chris
Nevermind, I figured it out! SOrry!
I am trying to match audio to video but Powerdirector only lets me shift the audio in one second increments. How can I get finer control, maybe .1 second increments?

Thank you,

Chris
Go to: