Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
hi all I notice he board gets lot of these but as non techie- I seek some input from members-
I am lucky enough to get tax return (bonus) and I am about to get a new pc - (I tend to buy dell) I currently have n XPS and its been rock solid but thinking an alienware machine 16 gb ram with a NVidia GTX 2Gb video card rather than the AMD radeon 2gb
any thoughts or suggesting - not married to the alienware machine - but seems to be the only one with an NVidia card

regards all

Chris
ps Im in Australia -
magic motion is the quick and dirty way- and always works for me -
the longer way is keyframes
why not take the arty approach

use a frame to cover the areas that you don't want to see-
imagining
some curtains - picture theatre style
picture frame
TV Screen

Does video crop work for you? I used it on a 60 minute movie of me flying a boing simulator from a fixed point and moved the crop around to create interest..

thinking outside the square

Chris
That said (and maybe some one can shed light) - I have tried many other products and find that PD is really great, fairly stable, and performs well this is the area that does let it down but there are plenty of free DVD burning tools out there.
I have shown some of my work and the feature list to a very knowledgeable TV producer - and given the price and features he is very impressed .
I also have to say this is one of the poorest areas in PD11-
I enjoy the creativity and editing side - and have been using the product since pd7 but - burning I now tend not to go there

point in case I finished 3 short videos 40 minutes (700 mb) each so lets make a DVD drop first movie in to the authoring tool shows 2.5 gb fiddle around with all the settings but cant get the three movies on one DVD - okay back to time line add the three movies to time line add chapters back to authoring and get a worse result...
I tired this three times from clean start to back to back efforts - no change
Because the project is oversized cant burn to hard drive even

took the files to another tool and burnt the DVD - it took 2.5GB of 4.7

this is a fabulous piece of work - - defiantly a sticky
Most of my work is holiday videos (more stills than actual video)
Given I tend to travel for a day to get to the USA or Canada etc - and am booking 6 to 12 months in advance
I pre do titles - graphics etc, before I go

I tend to do a basic plan using a spread sheet - and getting reviews form various area via the interest to make sure we see what is he best / popular sites In the areas.
I take notes (handwritten) and use the data feature on my camera to ensure that I know where the shots are from - I also grab any tourist or other sign to assist - digital pics are soooo cheap

I tend to have multiple sources - (usually with slightly different timestamps) my method is some what manual but works for me
I Export all files to a separate folder one per camera
I then do a quick check and kill any bad pictures or videos that are just rubbish (these are usually photos ) so lets say DSC0001 -- to DSC1000
I then work through the other clips and pictures and rename them to be close to where they should fit in to the sequence so imgXXX becomes DSC0010(1) this will hold it in the right place (or close)
I even rename the videos to the same format
when I import I can sort by name and my pictures and video are basically in the right order ready to assemble (never really works exactly but moving a few images in far better then the alternative)

ah - its so easy to do this - you will kick yourself,
1. import the folder
2. select the first clip in the media library
3. You can use cntrl A of select the last clip in the media library whilst holding down the shift key (pretty much windows standards)
3. Drag the selected clips to the time line
4. make coffee - and once they have processed your done!
I use Carls method - and I have to say it works fine for me (I have a two monitor set up) so can see quite clearly whats going on

given the 26 inch monster I use for a second screen I can easily display 9 tracks
if you are editing the audio for a finished project - IE really happy with timing etc..
and are seeking to tweak the overall volume, noise etc..
it should be possible to produce just an audio project either using the pre-set menus in produce
or separate all the audio for the video drop the video (remove form time line (make sure you've saved obviously ) produce the time line then reimport as one long audio clip which can then be tweaked

if you can get second camera and tripod - you could leave it focused on the score, and use PIP - and a mask to show the score in a corner of the movie
I have occasionally had this issue (with my apple TV 1) and it comes down (usually) to a clip within the movie that has the wrong frame rate, for some reason PD does not transcribe them all correctly for the ipad -
I have used handbrake with various degrees of success to fix it, and now find the best way is to burn to hard drive with chapters then rip the folder with handbrake -
a perfect example is I took a tile clip from my iMovie (HD add it to a completed PD movie (that I know works on my Apple TV or I pad) render to any setting and no matter what I do it wont play, burn to hard drive as a DVD and rip and it always works
PD will show the highest number track in front of the other tracks - to see both at the same time - you need to either resize so both are visible or use key frames to change the opacity (given the audio sync I would not split the clips all though you could)
using key frames you can fade from one track to the other - takes a bit of work but looks great

You can do the same with Audio - but if the sound is good and in sync Id uncheck one sound track and just keep one audio track
I can't post an example as I am at work but have done a wedding this way, changing shot between 3 cameras and found using the full tracks enabled me to maintain continuity
from my thoughts if its going to be a major piece of work - longer then 15 minutes - I tend to separate out each major chapter

eg a trip to San fran , then Alaska would be two projects, each project may have its own chapters in it, say napa valley, Alcatraz etc. in the san fran project
I then bring them all together at the end as a master project..

sure --

When I was having troubles - I decided to keep editing - and clicked on the capture room - machine froze
So being curios I rebooted - and tried Skype froze
rebooted tried web camera - all good
Checked system devices and found a whole lot of audio devices - where I knew I only should have one (all Nevida) I have a realtex card

So right click and disable all the audio devices - and rebooted
No sound at all - then I re enabled the realtex drivers only - and hey presto - I can now burn disks...

these drivers must have been added during an upgrade of the system (windows) or maybe I slipped them in as I updated something else
Finally the problem has been solved.
I ahd to uninstall PD ultimate and all other bits and bobs using revo.
Then found a hick up with my audio drivers - WTF - once i got that solved - i reinstalled and away we go...

BTW the audio problem was Nvdia over writting the sound card files

thanks all for the help

now i need to contact suport and get dowlnloads for the photodirector program that got killed in the process
YEAH MAY HAVE TO BITE THE BULLET BUT FRUSTRATED--
yeap - I have also tried with no clips -

I cant even get to the create disk page,does not matter if disk in drive, fresh start, project in train - even ones i have already competed and burnt before

no system changs on my Pc, no new games/ drivers -- totally stumped
I will log a tech support but they are not quick with resolutions (sigh)

I have stuck it on youtube (by far not my best work)

its taking a while so maybe in 30 minutes

http://youtu.be/_XSG8igyBfs
Go to: