Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I second this.

PowerDVD gets stuck the moment you enable 3D in Windows 10 on NVIDIA hardware.
Quote: I see what you're trying to say. I think this is already taken cared of at PDVD13. Although I'm not entirely sure about this.

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately, it is not.
Somewhere during the last two updates (it was at the same time that the font got the fancy shadow and nicer font), the subtitles in 3D appear to have been made to be deeper into the screen.
Even deeper than the plane of the screen itself.

This causes a horribly annoying visual effect where you're focusing your eyes on something that you expect to be closer than what is behind it, but in fact it's further behind, and your eyes (and brain) go crazy trying to adjust every time your sight goes from the text to the picture and viceversa.

It would be nice to have a slider in the 3D options to adjust the depth (ie separation) of the subtitles.
I'd say some streamlining is more needed than any of this.

I'll take the ability to kill the 5 processes PDVD forces me to run continuously, over some fancy 3D-related gimmicks any time.
I also get this type of corruption, but it's only sporadic flashes, like one every 50 minutes.
It's not that it's periodic, but it happens say once or twice in the whole movie.
And yes, it only happens in Blu-ray 3D.
I'm having the same issue with Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D.
Strange thing is, at least in my case, the picture seems unaffected and it's only the audio that goes mute for a split second.

I recall having concluded that the problem only happened when streaming HD audio over HDMI and not when sending decoded PCM, but don't quote me on this.
If necessary I can confirm it.
I think you posted in the wrong thread.
This issue has nothing to do with Blu-ray, and the workaround is as easy as selecting "non decoded DD/DTS" before playing a file that has DD audio.
I think it was up to version 1618 that PowerDVD worked with 3D Vision Discover (selecting NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready Monitor).
Starting with version 1905c, when you try to select this option, it says "The content or display doesn't support this mode" and it reverts to the previous setting.

I know there's the "anaglyph red/cyan" setting, but choosing the 3D Vision option produced an output that looked MUCH better due to the color filters closely matching those of NVIDIA's Discover glasses. Using the built-in anaglyph setting, the 3D effect is OK, but everything looks greenish and washed out.

It would be great to keep this option available, as I have an LG 47" 3D TV connected to my PC but I still use the Discover glasses for casual 3D viewing on my non-3D desktop monitor.
Good to hear.
As I said, it happens with files with AC3 audio, not HD audio.
When I try to play a video file that has AC3 audio, with the "non decoded HD audio" option selected, PowerDVD crashes, showing the "send error report" form.

If I select either "PCM" or "non decoded DD/DTS" it works fine.
Also, files with MPEG audio or DTS also work fine.

Just in case, my setup has W7 x64 SP1 sending the audio over NVIDIA HDMI (latest drivers) to a Denon receiver.
You sir are a hero.
Um, no. Why?
Well, thanks for your answer.
Even after your indication, it took me some time to find it.
I find it quite unintuitive that this was inside "Media Library", where one would expect to find the videos found in their HD folders.
I don't use the library and keep it collapsed, doing all the video loading through "My Computer", so that's why I hadn't seen it before.

Also, it's kinda convoluted that you're supposed to choose the "BD/DVD movie" item and then jump to the bottom left button to select which drive you intend to play.

As a suggestion, it would be much more straightforward if you could just select the drive on "My Computer" and press play on that.

Thank you again.
Maybe it's just me, but...
Insert a Blu-ray into your drive, open PowerDVD 12, play a video file (not the Blu-ray), hit stop.
Now how would I play the Blu-ray if I wanted to?

Only ways I've found: ejecting and reinserting the Blu-ray, or restarting PowerDVD altogether.

Am I missing something, or...?
Any news on this?
It does work. You should go to NVIDIA's control panel, run the Stereoscopic 3D wizard, keep Stereo 3D enabled, and then in PowerDVD select "HDMI 1.4 3D TV" as the preferred output.
Absolutely.
I'm not bashing their product.
It's just that this would be so easy to fix it's a shame we are forced to deal with it.
Constructive criticism it is.
I did mention it. UI = User Interface.
A rewrite is not necessary.
All of the Moovie Live stuff, Facebook integration, remote control server, Android device integration, DLNA functionality and whatnot, should be made optional.

After so many years, one would expect Cyberlink to have some understanding of what power users want.
We despise installing a video player and getting ourselves 500 MB in unwanted background processes, and having the player take 10 seconds to start up (yes, 10 seconds is a LOT) just because it's loading a monstruously cluttered UI we don't care about.

Streamlining is the key. Less is more.
Make these features optional during installation and save them for people who actually want them.

In an ideal world we would be able to buy PowerDVD without all of this stuff and pay less, but hey, we're not even asking for that much.
Go to: